Thai monks offer prayers for peace in Bodh GayaNovember 3rd, 2008 - 5:25 pm ICT by ANI
Bodh Gaya (Bihar), Nov 3 (ANI): Monks from Thailand offered prayers for world peace and sculpted out an idol of Lord Buddha in Bodh Gaya on Sunday.
The 33-member delegation offered prayers for the well being of the people of the entire world.
“We have come from Thailand to build Lords Buddha idol,” said Payap Shinawatra, a monk from Thailand.
Later, the monks got together and worked continuously for 12 hours to sculpt out a statue of Lord Buddha.
The monks said that according to the culture of northern Thailand, making a statue of Lord Buddha from dawn to dusk, without any break, fulfills ones wishes.
Lord Buddha, founder of Buddhism, had attained enlightenment at Bodh Gaya in Bihar. (ANI)
- Buddha Purnima celebrated at Bodh Gaya - May 27, 2010
- Rename Gaya airport after Buddha: Nitish - Jun 11, 2011
- Buddhist monks to get ID cards in Bodh Gaya - Sep 02, 2011
- Wasps sting tourists in Bodh Gaya - Mar 23, 2012
- Gere in Bodh Gaya to attend Dalai Lama's discourse - Jan 02, 2012
- Buddhists to throng Bodh Gaya Thursday for special rites - Dec 27, 2010
- Dried branches of Bodhi tree chopped - Aug 01, 2012
- Three walk from Tibet to Bodh Gaya to pray for Dalai Lama (Lead) - Sep 26, 2009
- Jade Buddha to visit India in November 2012 - Nov 29, 2011
- Buddhist monks pray for world peace in Bodh Gaya - Nov 21, 2009
- Scholars discuss relevance of Buddha in modern world - Nov 27, 2011
- Richard Gere campaigns to turn Bodh Gaya into vegetarian zone - Jan 07, 2010
- Holy mess: Filth, mismanagement disgusts foreigners at Bodh Gaya event - Jan 08, 2012
- Tibetan Buddhist sect's 900th anniversary celebrations end - Dec 30, 2010
- Devotees travel on foot from Tibet to pray for Dalai Lama - Sep 26, 2009