‘Terminator Salvation’ to hit Indian screens in four languagesJune 10th, 2009 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) “Terminator Salvation”, the fourth instalment of Hollywood’s action thriller series, will hit screens in India June 26 in four languages - English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. Its distributors are expecting box office collections of Rs.250 million.
Sony Pictures Releasing International is distributing the film in India and will release 400 prints across the country.
“Being an action-packed film and part of the extremely popular ‘Terminator’ series, we see huge potential for it in English as well as dubbed languages - Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. The film will see a wide release of about 400 prints across India.
“We are expecting the film to gross Rs. 25 crores (Rs.250 million) at the box office,” said Kercy Daruwala, managing director, Sony Pictures Releasing International.
Apart from India, Sony Pictures distributed the film in most international territories, excluding South Korea and select Middle East territories.
Set in post-apocalyptic 2018, the film focuses on the war between humanity and Skynet. Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Bryce Dallas Howard and Moon Bloodgood feature in the film.
“The film is mostly designed for those who have seen all three ‘Terminator’ films but can also work for those who don’t know anything about them. It is a stand-alone movie, which is why it’s a truly a new beginning,” said the film’s director McG, who has earlier made movies like “Charlie’s Angels”.
Owing to the stand-off between producers and multiplexes the release of many international films was postponed, including “Bride Wars” and “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”.
Now, when the matter is resolved, film buffs will be in for a treat with many English films hitting the screen soon.
- Angelina Starrer Salt Collects 7.8 Crore In First Week In India - Jul 28, 2010
- Jolie sprinkles Rs.78 mn worth 'Salt' on Indian box office - Jul 27, 2010
- 'Tintin' earns Rs.7.35 crore, highest Spielberg grosser in India - Nov 14, 2011
- 'Karate Kid' grosses Rs.45 mn in opening weekend in India - Jun 14, 2010
- The Karate Kid Garners Rs. 45 Million In India - Jun 15, 2010
- '2012' makes more than Rs.19 crore in opening weekend - Nov 17, 2009
- Now '...It's Love in Bihar' for Rajat Kapoor, Vinay Pathak - Sep 07, 2011
- 'Angels & Demons' rakes in Rs.19 mn in India over 1st weekend - Jun 01, 2009
- 'Angels and Demons' to be released in four languages May 29 - May 18, 2009
- 'DAM999' screenplay in Oscar library - Nov 02, 2011
- 'Inception' earns Rs.75 mn in opening weekend in India - Jul 20, 2010
- Raavanan Will Be Screened At MIAAC 2010 - Oct 20, 2010
- 'The Expendables 2' makes Rs.10.94 crore in opening weekend - Aug 27, 2012
- And Now Kites In Spanish - Apr 28, 2010
- Cinema experience changes in UAE, but not love for Indian movies - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: action thriller, bryce dallas howard, charlie s angels, christian bale, crores, director mcg, english films, english hindi, film buffs, instalment, international films, international territories, moon bloodgood, office collections, post apocalyptic, rs 250, sam worthington, sony pictures releasing international, terminator films, terminator series