Terminator Salvation producer defends Christian Bales on-set rantFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 3 (ANI): Soon after Christian Bale made headlines because of his on-set rant, an associate producer of the upcoming movie Terminator Salvation has claimed that the actor was a “consummate professional” during filming.
In a four-minute audio clip, a man said to be actor Bale can be heard angrily screaming and using profanity at the movie’’s director of photography, Shane Hurlbut, for distracting him during shooting by walking into his field of vision.
“I”m trying to do a f**king scene here and I”m going, ”Why the f**k is Shane walking in there? What’’s he doing there?” Do you understand my mind is not in the scene if you”re doing that?” Bale reportedly shouted in the clip.
The male voice is then heard promising to kick his f**king ass” before threatening to quit the film unless Hurlbut was fired.
However, Bruce Franklin, an assistant director and associate producer on the fourth Terminator film, has claimed that the star was only upset for a short period of time before his “moment” passed.
“If you are working in a very intense scene and someone takes you out of your groove… It was the most emotional scene in the movie, Contactmusic quoted Franklin as telling E! Online.
He added: And for him to get stopped in the middle of it - he is very intensely involved in his character. He didn”t walk around like that all day long. It was just a moment and it passed.”
In fact, Franklin has insisted the rant has only been released to slander Bale, with whom he worked on the 2000 movie Shaft.
“This was my second movie with Christian, and it has always been a good experience with him. He is so dedicated to the craft. I think someone is begging to make some noise (controversy) about this, but I don”t think it’’s fair. The art of acting is not paint by numbers, it’’s an art form, said Franklin. (ANI)
- Christian Bales mum devastated over his taped rant - Feb 05, 2009
- Bale calls his profanity-laced tirade on Terminator sets 'inexcusable' - May 19, 2009
- Christian Bale gets crewmember fired from 'Terminator: Salvation' - Feb 04, 2009
- 'Gossip Girl' star Taylor Momsen lashes out at audience for filming her gig - Oct 29, 2010
- The Dark Tower: Is Christian Bale The lead? Or Is It Javier Bardem? - Jan 28, 2011
- Christen Bale says losing weight for films is horrible - Jan 07, 2011
- 'Dragon Tattoo' an adult drama: Daniel Craig - Jul 08, 2011
- Bale stopped from doing own stunts in 'The Fighter' - Jan 19, 2011
- Christian Bale goes ballistic on new films set - Feb 03, 2009
- James Cameron calls fan "f**king a**hole" over autograph request - Dec 25, 2009
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in another Terminator film? - Feb 16, 2011
- Angry Rihanna launches into F-word rant after driver was 3mins late - Nov 21, 2009
- Christian Bale lashes out at 'Terminator Salvation' crew for betraying him - Apr 30, 2009
- Batman Christian Bale was in Aurora town visiting the shooting victims - Jul 25, 2012
- Bale defends China War movie - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: actor bale, art form, assistant director, associate producer, bruce franklin, christian bale, christian bales, consummate professional, director of photography, e online, f king, field of vision, good experience, intense scene, king ass, male voice, profanity, shane hurlbut, short period, terminator