‘Terminator’ franchise doesn’t need Schwarzenegger, says BaleMay 4th, 2009 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 4 (IANS) British actor Christian Bale says Arnold Schwarzenegger is no longer relevant to the “Terminator” movie franchise.
The “Terminator Salvation” star who stars in the forthcoming instalment of the sci-fi series insists the new blockbuster is dramatically different from when the 61-year-old actor-turned-politician played the title character in 1984, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“‘Terminator 2′ is the original nightmare of just being pursued that everyone has, by somebody who just will not stop, never stops, doesn’t give up. When you’ve got someone who looked like Schwarzenegger coming after you, it made a big difference. But nowadays, it wouldn’t really - we’ve seen so many guys who imitated him and it just became a little passe,” he said.
“The franchise doesn’t need him now because you can’t just keep re-hashing the same plot. Yes, ‘Terminator’ is known for having this one singular figure of villainy that is constantly pursuing but how many times can you keep on doing it?,” he added.
- Schwarzenegger back on 'Terminator' series - Apr 28, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in another Terminator film? - Feb 16, 2011
- Arnold missed action during political stint - Jul 15, 2012
- Farrell was dubious about 'Total Recall' - Jul 23, 2012
- Arnie will return to acting: James Cameron - Dec 22, 2009
- Schwarzenegger will return to acting: Cameron - Dec 22, 2009
- Linda Hamilton disappointed with 'Terminator Salvation' - Feb 05, 2010
- Legal battle over 3D animated remake of 'The Terminator' - Aug 17, 2010
- Schwarzenegger confirms presence in new 'Terminator' movie - Apr 26, 2009
- No one cares if you smoke a joint: Schwarzenegger - Nov 09, 2010
- Arnie believes sex is most important part of marriage - Sep 11, 2009
- Schwarzenegger returns to acting - Jan 19, 2011
- Schwarzenegger to meet former mistress, son - Jul 12, 2011
- Schwarzenegger may pay 250 mn pounds to ex-wife? - Jul 07, 2011
- Colin Farrell in 'Total Recall' remake? - Oct 24, 2010