Telugu actor Rajendra Prasad suffers stroke, condition stable (With Image)September 3rd, 2012 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 3 (IANS) Veteran Telugu actor Rajendra Prasad was Monday admitted to a hospital after he complained acute pain in the chest. He is now stable, a doctor said.
He was taken to Care Hospital in Hyderabad.
“Rajendra Prasad suffered a mild stroke when he was brought in. However, in less than 20 minutes his condition was brought back to normal,” Somaraj, a doctor at Care Hospital, told IANS on the phone from Hyderabad.
“He’s perfectly fine now and will be discharged by evening, tentatively around 7.30 pm,” he added.
The 56-yr-old actor was administered angioplasty.
Director Sagar Chandra, who worked with the actor recently in the Telugu film “Ayyare”, told IANS: “I spoke to Rajendra Prasad’s secretary Naga Raju in the evening and he said the actor is much better now. There is no reason to worry.”
In a career spanning three decades, the actor has starred in more than 200 Telugu films, besides being part of few Tamil films. He earned the title of ‘King of Comedy’ after starring in some of the best comedies.
He also won the prestigious Nandi awards twice for “Erra Mandaram” (1991) and “Aa Naluguru” (2004).
He was allowed to walk the green carpet at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) film festival in 2009, marking his performance in the Bollywood film, “Quick Gun Murugun”.
- Actor Rajendra Prasad discharged from hospital - Sep 05, 2012
- Actor Rajendra Prasad recovering, under observation - Sep 04, 2012
- Allari Naresh's 'Aha Naa Pellanta' - Sep 04, 2010
- Ravi Teja's 'Nippu' a letdown (Telugu Movie Review) - Feb 19, 2012
- Filmmaking more challenging now: Sonu Sood - Jun 06, 2012
- 'Nammanna Don' - touching, yet entertaining movie (Kannada Movie Review) - Feb 18, 2012
- 'Em Pillo Em Pillado' waste of time (Telugu film Review) - Jul 18, 2010
- Telugu actor Kota Srinivas Rao's son dies in accident - Jun 21, 2010
- Vamsi will soon direct a sequel - Sep 18, 2010
- 'Bava' is packed with mindless sequences (Telugu Film Review) - Oct 30, 2010
- Veteran director K.S.R. Doss dead - Jun 09, 2012
- Bal Thackeray discharged from hospital - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Shaadi Ke Side Effects' shooting to start at year-end: Nandy - Jun 07, 2012
- It's Allu Arjun all the way in 'Julayi' (Telugu Movie Review) - Aug 12, 2012
- 'Damarukam' treat for Nagarjuna's fans - Sep 11, 2012
Tags: acute pain, best comedies, bollywood film, carpet, chandra, condition stable, film academy, film festival, indian film, king of comedy, mild stroke, naga, nandi awards, rajendra prasad, raju, sagar, tamil films, telugu film, telugu films, three decades