Television To Face Challenge From E-SerialsJuly 22nd, 2010 - 9:13 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
July 22, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Television channels are going to face a tough challenge from August onwards, when the first e-serial of India will be launched for the 60 million netizens in the country.
The e-serials can be viewed exclusively on net. The e-serial will have total 24 episodes and each episode will have duration of five minutes. It is a unique initiative, which is the outcome of a talent hunt named “Maruti Suzuki- Ibibo i-Serial Star’. This talent hunt offers the users an opportunity to write, direct, and even act.
The upcoming e-serial will have eight actors, two scriptwriters, and two directors. The winners were selected by voting and finalized by the panel of judges, which included Raman Kumar, the creator of “Tara’ for Zee TV and the man behind the launch of Zee News Khalid Hashmi.
The contest had a very simple format unlike the television talent shows. The participants were just required to have a profile on ibibo.com and then upload videos, scripts to get maximum votes. Acting, scriptwriting, and directing were the three broad categories of the contest.
Sunila Dhar, the assistant general manager (marketing) of Maruti Suzuki, said, “ibibo.com and Maruti have come together with the “i-Serial Star’ to give a platform to the potential talents, who aspires to fulfill their dreams”.
Dhar added, “We were thrilled to hear the idea from ibibo. As it was a fresh idea, we thought the aspiring youths would find it interesting. Digital media is a very vital medium to reach out the youth of today”.
It will be interesting to see if this new online venture can affect TV viewing in the coming months!
- Ibibo launches talent hunt for India's first online serial - Jun 28, 2010
- 'American Idol' Season 10, Day 1 Review: Change Of Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- Now, karaoke your way to fame - Mar 21, 2010
- Vidya's 'Kahaani' hit among online gamers - Mar 20, 2012
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar: Ali Sher Eliminated! - Nov 27, 2010
- Ratan Rajput To Sort Out Date Dilemmas For Her Shows - Dec 27, 2010
- Pavitra Rishta Plans To Go For A Time Leap Again! - Oct 23, 2010
- Ram Milaye Jodi, Sangini, Karol Bagh leads to perform in Pavitra Rishta - Sep 10, 2010
- Now an Urdu singing reality TV show - Feb 15, 2011
- Want to pose in a swimsuit calendar? Just log in - Sep 27, 2009
- Zee TV: Maha Episode Of Three Cross Over Serials On 17th Of January - Jan 14, 2011
- Dimple Jhangiani Likely To Replace Priyal Gor In ‘Ram Milaayi Jodi’ - Nov 11, 2010
- 'Karm Yudh' 50th Episode Success Celebrated - Aug 26, 2010
- DID Li'l Masters To Welcome Prachi And Emraan - Jul 22, 2010
- Now international talent on 'Zara Nachke Dikha' - Jun 04, 2010
Tags: 60 million, fresh idea, ibibo, khalid, launch, manager marketing, maruti suzuki, maximum votes, netizens, panel of judges, scriptwriters, serials, sunila, talent hunt, television channels, television talent, tv viewing, vital medium, youth of today, zee news