Television offers triple delight for globetrottersMarch 6th, 2009 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 6 (IANS) Watching the sun come up over the pyramids in Egypt, spending a night in a haunted castle and exploring the volcanoes in Indonesia - experience all this and more through three new travel shows on the small screen.
Lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living has launched “Walking The World”, “Things to Try before You Die” and “Rough Guides” - three distinct travel series, catering to avid travellers.
While “Rough Guides”, will steer its viewers through tips on how to choose, plan and enjoy a perfect budget holiday sans luxury, “Walking The World” will attempt to depict dramatic sights and local cultures that a traveller can only ever experience by walking.
“Things To Try Before You Die” has its hosts indulging in the top thirty outrageous activities in different destinations across the globe.
Commenting on the shows, Rajiv Bakshi, director (marketing & communications), India, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific said: “With an increasing desire among people to explore various locales around the world, these shows will act as a guide to the travellers.
“From in-depth analysis for planning the perfect holiday to gut-wrenching antics, the programmes will try and keep viewers engaged.”
While “Rough Guides” will be on air every Sunday at 9 p.m., “Walking The World” will be telecast every Monday at 10 p.m. and “Things To Try Before You Die” every Wednesday at 9 p.m.
- Slums to royalty: Oprah showcases shades of India (With Images) - Jul 22, 2012
- Wine tours - a whole new weekend getaway (With Images) - Mar 02, 2011
- Silly travellers, check out India first: Purab Kohli - Nov 09, 2011
- 'W.E'. was not fun to make: Madonna - Jan 17, 2012
- 'Travel writing going beyond mere sight-seeling, beaches & cocktails' - Jul 24, 2012
- Discover India with Oprah Winfrey in two-part series - Jul 11, 2012
- Barbara Cartland's guide on to the perfect New Year's Eve bash - Dec 27, 2010
- Travel shows get makeover in India: Gaurav Kapoor (With Image) - Feb 08, 2012
- 60 Minutes To Show The Discovery Of A 7th Century Ancient Shipwreck - Jun 14, 2010
- James Cameron dives to deepest point of ocean - Mar 26, 2012
- 'The Raven'- compelling film with inconsistent end (IANS Movie Review) - May 19, 2012
- Key to a good night's sleep - Mar 03, 2012
- Rana, Ileana romance in Venice (With Images) - Apr 14, 2011
- 'Agneepath' is brilliant in its brutality (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jan 27, 2012
- Rock is on a roll, courtesy Delhi's music cafes (Feature) - Jun 16, 2010
Tags: asia pacific, bakshi, budget holiday, different destinations, director marketing, discovery networks asia, discovery travel, globetrotters, haunted castle, lifestyle channel, marketing communications, new travel, outrageous activities, perfect holiday, pyramids in egypt, rajiv, rough guides, travel series, triple delight, volcanoes in indonesia