Tele Stars wonder why is Ganpati immersed in water!September 4th, 2009 - 3:05 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
As we all know that after a long period of festivities for almost 10 days, our lord Ganesh is immersed in water. But very few know the reason for this deed. The actual reason for immersing the idol is because long ago in time, when there was no environment on earth, except water all around, lord Brahma Vishnu and Mahesha, the creators of the world, chanted the holy word “OM” and they spotted a banyan leaf in the ocean on which a little child was floating. Then they did “aradhana” to the small kid to create this world, later the child came to be known as Shree Ganesh.
So for the reason that he has been spotted in the ocean, we immerse the Ganpati idol in water, thinking he is returned back to his origin.
Now that is the real reason for immersing the idol of Lord Ganesh in the ocean. But let’s read on what our Telly stars have to say on the same:
Sneha Wagh: Earth is made up of water, so even if the material world is vanished, the thing that will always be there is oceans on earth, so the “astitva” of lord Ganesh should always be there on this earth. This is the reason for the immersion of lord Ganesh’s idol into oceans.
Karan Mehra: Lord Ganesh is immersed in ocean so that there won’t be any lack of water on this earth, bhagwan barish karte rahe.
Ratan Rajput: The reason for immersion is that lord Ganesh goes to meet his Mom-Parvati in the oceans.
Hiten Tejwani: People immerse the idol for the simple reason of getting new idol of Lord Ganesh next year, that’s what I think.
Ahem! Well we never said our TV celebs are a shining example of religious intelligence. Anyhow whatever the celeb’s says, but the time has come for all of us to say goodbye for now to our dear and friendly Lord Ganesh.
All we would like to say is… Ganapat bappa morya, pudchya varshi laukar ya!
-Tejashree Bhopatkar/ Sampurn Media
- Ganpati Bappa Morya: B-Town wishes Happy Ganesh Chaturthi - Sep 01, 2011
- Maharashtra bids adieu to Lord Ganesh (Lead) - Sep 11, 2011
- Ganapati Bappa Morya, B-town chants on Ganesh festival - Sep 19, 2012
- Mumbai celebrates Anant Chatudashi today - Sep 14, 2008
- Navy, Coast Guard deployed in Mumbai for Ganesh immersions - Sep 21, 2010
- Ganesh Chaturthi: Bollywood too joins the festivities - Sep 11, 2011
- Goa government pitches for fish-devourable Ganesh idols (With Image) - Aug 01, 2012
- Peaceful Ganesh processions on amid tight security in Hyderabad - Sep 11, 2011
- 14 Shiv Sena, BJP legislators in Maharashtra suspended for year - Mar 30, 2012
- Bollywood sends out Eid, Ganesh Chaturthi greetings - Sep 11, 2010
- These Ganeshas give environment a fighting chance (With Images) - Sep 13, 2010
- Two-wheeler ban likely at Ganesh immersion sites - Sep 08, 2011
- Saffron group goes green for Ganesh Chaturthi - Aug 30, 2011
- I'm privileged to work in Bollywood: Madhurima - Sep 10, 2012
- Post-immersion, Mumbai residents clean up beaches - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: astitva, brahma vishnu, celeb, creators, festivities, holy word, immersion, lack of water, lord brahma, lord ganesh, material world, oceans, om, parvati, ratan, real reason, sneha, tele stars, tv celebs, ya