‘Tees Maar Khan’, ‘Dabangg’ dragged to courtDecember 23rd, 2010 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 23 (IANS) A public interest litigation (PIL) was filed before the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court Thursday alleging obscenity in Bollywood films “Dabangg” and “Tees Maar Khan”.The petition sought the deletion of popular songs “Munni Badnaam Hui” from “Dabangg” and “Shiela ki Jawani” from “Tees Maar Khan”.
Filed by Nutan Thakur, wife of an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, the PIL seeks action against “Dabangg” producer Arbaz Khan and co-producers Malaika Arora Khan and Dhillin Mehta and also its director Abhinav Kashyap, besides “Tees Maar Khan” producers Twinkle Khanna, Ronnie Screwvala and director Farah Khan for violating various provisions of the Indian Cinematography Act of 1952.
The petition said both the movies have “several indecent, immoral and vulgar songs, dialogues and visual representations in total violation of sections 3(1), 4, 5(A), 5(C) and 5(E) of the Cinematography Act 1952″.
The petitioner urged the court to ask the Censor Board and ministry of information and broadcasting to issue directives to the filmmakers and TV channels, audio and video cassette companies etc. not to broadcast promos and songs of the films.
The matter would come up for hearing Jan 3.
- ‘Sheila’ And ‘Munni’ Might Face Court Ire! - Dec 24, 2010
- Bollywood Item Numbers Munni And Sheila: Put Under Scanner - Jan 05, 2011
- Farah's kids crazy about the song 'Sheila Ki Jawani' - Nov 20, 2010
- Ready' Has An Item Song Worth Rs 2.5 crore! - Dec 21, 2010
- Akshay Kumar And Farah Khan On A Roll - Dec 23, 2010
- Who'll dance as Munni in Tamil 'Dabangg'? - Aug 24, 2011
- Salman Khan: The Star Who Dares To Say Heads I Win Tails You Lose - Dec 02, 2010
- 'Dabangg' sweeps GIMA with six awards - Sep 23, 2011
- Time now to groove on Bollywood's hot item songs - Jul 14, 2012
- 'Sheila ki jawani' spices up 'Tees Maar Khan' album (IANS Music Review) - Nov 18, 2010
- I drew inspiration from Shakira, says Katrina - Dec 11, 2010
- Akshay Khanna to surprise 'Tees Maar Khan' audience: Farah - Nov 15, 2010
- Small-budget 'Udaan' sweeps Filmfare Awards - Jan 30, 2011
- Katrina joins star parade with 'Sheila ki jawani' dance - Nov 30, 2010
- ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4’: Dance Floor Turns Film Promotion Ground - Dec 11, 2010
Tags: allahabad high court, bollywood films, cinematography, farah khan, indian police service, jawani, kashyap, lucknow, malaika arora, mehta, ministry of information, obscenity, petitioner, pil, popular songs, public interest litigation, shiela, twinkle khanna, video cassette, visual representations