Teen ‘Harry Potter’ actor arrested for marijuana production at homeApril 8th, 2009 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 8 (ANI): A teenage actor, who has appeared in all of the six Harry Potter films, has been arrested for growing a 2,000 pounds worth cannabis plantation in his bedroom.
A tip-off made drug squad officers to grab hold of Jamie Waylett, famed as bullying Hogwarts School pupil Vincent Crabbe in the wizard movies.
After stopping him and a friend in an Audi car, the police discovered eight bags of pot inside the vehicle.
Both boys were held at the scene on suspicion of drug possession.
The cops later raided his home-where he lives with his mum Theresa, two brothers and a sister-and seized ten mature cannabis plants valued at about 2,000 pounds, which were
The plants were growing under powerful hydroponic lights beside the actor’s DJ decks and a PlayStation.
Waylett was then arrested on suspicion of production of a Class B drug.
“It was a pretty significant find. We are concerned the drugs in the car were all bagged up and ready to go,” the Sun quoted a police source as saying.
The source added: “Work now needs to be done to establish how far down the line we are towards dealing.”
Waylett, who was earlier accused of snorting cocaine in 2006, refused to comment on the issue.
Scotland Yard has confirmed the two arrests.
A spokesman said: “Both men have been bailed until July pending further inquiries and tests on the substances.”
The maximum jail term for cannabis production is 14 years. For possession, it is a five-year stretch.
Waylett, a pal of fellow Potter stars Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, will be seen in the latest Harry Potter instalment- ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince’ - which is out in July. (ANI)
- Jamie Waylett arrested - Apr 08, 2009
- Jamie Waylett "Vincent Crabbe" Charged For Cannabis Production - Jul 08, 2009
- Harry Potter bully Jamie Waylett drug sentence - Jul 21, 2009
- Harry Potter star faces jail for growing cannabis in bedroom - Jul 17, 2009
- Harry Potter actor escapes jail term for growing cannabis in bedroom - Jul 22, 2009
- 'Harry Potter' star charged with growing marijuana - Jul 08, 2009
- Jamie Waylett jailed for two years - Mar 22, 2012
- Is Daniel Radcliffe Worried About Robert Pattinson's Increasing Popularity? - Nov 17, 2010
- Harry Potter movie studio tour to open in 2012 - Mar 05, 2011
- Rupert Grint carries the Olympic torch - Jul 26, 2012
- 'Harry Potter...Deathly Hallows 2' - a shallow end (IANS Film Review) - Jul 15, 2011
- Another 'Harry Potter' actor seen lighting what looks like a spliff - Aug 19, 2009
- British woman grows cannabis to pay for boob job - Mar 29, 2012
- Two drug peddlers jailed for 10 years - Apr 24, 2012
- It's not Grint in bong photo: Representative - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: audi car, cannabis plants, daniel radcliffe emma watson, daniel radcliffe emma watson and rupert grint, dj decks, drug possession, emma watson and rupert grint, half blood prince, harry potter actor, harry potter and the half blood, harry potter and the half blood prince, home london, hydroponic lights, issue scotland, jamie waylett, marijuana production, police source, rupert grint, school pupil, vincent crabbe