Techno Pink Floyd anyone?August 20th, 2010 - 9:40 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
August 20, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): What might shock, surprise and stun the thousands of Pink Floyd fanatics from around the world, and the rock music world in general is, Pink Floyd might be coming out with their own techno-laced album soon.
Pink Floyd guitarist/ vocalist David Gilmour has joined hands with the British electronic group, The Orb for their newest album called Metallic Spheres, which is expected to come out in October. The album would also have musical contributions from the Pink Floyd member on guitar and vocals. The album by The Orb will also include contributions from legendary punk rock band Killing Joke’s bassist and ex-Beatles Paul McCartney collaborator Martin “Youth” Glover.
The electronic music duo known as The Orb have remixed a few Pink Floyd classics over the years. They have remixed the classics like “Shine on You Crazy Diamond”, “Echoes” and “Obscured by Clouds.”
Metallic Spheres will be available in several multiple editions. The album would also include a 3D 60 version that would allow the listener to listen to tracks in a particular three-dimensional sound. This album will be credited as “The Orb featuring David Gilmour.” The rock music world waits in anticipation about this certain extremely eccentric outcome. We just hope to rock!
- Think Floyd, the homegrown Pink Floyd tribute ensemble - May 23, 2010
- Pink Floyd to unite for London Olympics? - Jan 04, 2012
- 53rd Annual Grammy Awards Winners List - Feb 14, 2011
- Biohazard in the process of writing their new album - Aug 18, 2010
- Metal band Korn sweeps Delhi fans off their feet - Sep 06, 2012
- Get a taste of romance, action with 'Ek Tha Tiger' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Jul 28, 2012
- Pink Floyd Frontman David Gilmour's Son Arrested Over London Student Protests - Dec 13, 2010
- Charlie Gilmour, The Pink Floyd Guitarist's Son, Adopts A Different Way To Rebel - Dec 15, 2010
- Roger Waters, David Gilmour to reunite 'for one gig' - Apr 02, 2011
- Blast from past: LPs make a comeback (Feature) - Jul 10, 2011
- Pink Floyd set to reunite? - Jul 16, 2010
- Rock is on a roll, courtesy Delhi's music cafes (Feature) - Jun 16, 2010
- Korn ready to please metallic music lover in you - Sep 04, 2012
- Metal band Korn sweeps Delhi fans off their feet (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- New album from Killing Joke due this November - Sep 21, 2010
Tags: bassist, collaborator, david gilmour, echoes, electronic group, electronic music, killing joke, listener, metallic spheres, music duo, musical contributions, orb, paul mccartney, pink floyd, pink floyd guitarist, punk rock band, rock music world, shine on you crazy diamond, three dimensional sound, vocalist