Tearful Oprah says ’sorry’ for sexual abuse at South African academyNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:02 am ICT by admin
“I’ve disappointed you. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry,” the New York Daily News quoted her, as telling the parents.
Oprah has cancelled all her appointments and jetted to South Africa twice in the past few weeks after claims that one of the matrons sexually fondled a girl and that other pupils had been physically abused.
According to one student, a matron grabbed her by the throat and threw her against a wall.
Other girls have accused the “dorm parent” of swearing and screaming at them, assaulting them and sexually fondling at least one girl.
The alleged incidents surfaced when one of the pupils fled from the school because she couldn’t tolerate the abuse anymore.
Oprah, who has spoken openly about being abused as a child, gave the girls her personal telephone number, her e-mail address and her postal address so that they could contact her without any difficulty.
South African police and the Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offenses Unit are now investigating the case. (ANI)
- Winfrey 'disappointed' as ex-matron cleared of sexual abuse charges - Oct 12, 2010
- Newborn's body found in Oprah Winfrey's school - Feb 20, 2011
- Oprah Disappointed At Acquittal of Former School Matron - Oct 12, 2010
- Winfrey to teach school students - Jul 07, 2011
- Former matron of Winfrey's school cleared of sexual abuse charges - Oct 12, 2010
- Police investigate death of baby at Oprah Winfrey's South African school - Feb 22, 2011
- Oprah Settles defamation suit outside court - Mar 25, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey disappointed over acquittal of a women who was accused of abusing children - Oct 13, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey told to defend defamation case - Mar 17, 2010
- Trial of former Oprah Winfrey school matron deferred - Aug 05, 2008
- 'Loner' teacher in UK jailed for lesbian affair with 15-year-old pupil - Dec 09, 2010
- Defamation Case Against Oprah Winfrey Settled Outside Court - Mar 25, 2010
- Madge planning to build all-girls school in Malawi - Apr 02, 2008
- Winfrey not to shut down her girls' school in South Africa - Jul 03, 2009
- LittleGossip.com allows you to make obscene comments - Dec 22, 2010
Tags: child protection, contact, dorm parent, e mail address, family violence, fondled, fondling, girls, henley on klip, mail, matron, new york daily news, oprah, personal telephone, pupils, sexual abuse, sexual offenses, south african police, telling the parents, york daily news