‘Tearful’ Mercy James pleads for ‘her mum Madonna’April 6th, 2009 - 12:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 6 (ANI): The Malawian tot denied to Madonna spent a tearful day pleading for her mother before being taken back to the orphanage.
Mercy James was in flood of tears pleading, “Where’s my Mummy?”
‘Devastated’ Madonna left the African country along with her kids - Lourdes, 12, Rocco, eight, and adopted son David Banda, three - after being denied interim adoption of the four-year-old orphan.
The bid was apparently rejected because of a requirement that prospective parents must be resident in Malawi for 18 to 24 months prior to an adoption.
The boss of Mercy’s orphanage, the Kondanani Children’s Home, said that the youngster “could not understand where her new family had gone.”
“It’s devastating for Mercy. She had bonded with her new family and was calling for Madonna, saying, ‘Where is my Mummy?’” the Sun quoted Annie Chikhwaza as saying
“She couldn’t understand where Lola, David and Rocco had gone - she thought they were playing hide and seek. It broke my heart to see her crying out for David as they’d become inseparable,” she added.
Madonna’s daughter Lourdes was also said to be heartbroken, as she had already started decorating nursery in their New York home for her the arrival of her first sister.
An insider told Britain’s Daily Star: “Lourdes will also be devastated. She helped get a room ready for Mercy and chose clothes for her. She was really looking forward to having another girl around.”
Meanwhile, the Material Girl has not given up the fight to adopt the Malawi orphan Mercy James despite a judge ruling against her.
She has reportedly issued her lawyer, Alan Chinula, with strict instructions to “Get me my Mercy” by challenging the court’s decision. (ANI)
- Kid that Madonna couldn't adopt cries for her - Apr 06, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- Madonna plays Santa for Malawi orphans - Dec 28, 2010
- Madonna's school coming up fast in Malawi - Jan 10, 2010
- Madonna to open an orphanage - Jun 30, 2011
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009
- Madonna snapped 'waving' hand sanitiser at Malawian orphans - Oct 31, 2009
- Mercy's family may sue Madonna - Feb 06, 2011
- Madonna arrives in Malawi to lay foundation for girls school - Oct 26, 2009
- Madonna wants to be tougher parent - Apr 19, 2012
- Madonna pays $19 million to adopt Malawi orphan Mercy James - Jun 14, 2009
- Sibling rivalry between Madonna's kids! - Jun 12, 2012
- Madge won't allow Malawian dad to meet adopted daughter Mercy - Aug 30, 2010
- Madonna tells Mercy "You are part of us now" after adoption win - Jun 13, 2009
- Malawian girl's father speaks out against Madonna - May 03, 2009
Tags: adoption, annie, boss, daily star, daughter lourdes, david banda, flood of tears, insider, lola, madonna, malawi, material girl, mercy james, mummy, orphan, orphanage, prospective parents, rocco, strict instructions, youngster