Taylor Swift Speaks About Kanye West, John Mayer And Others In ‘Speak Now’ AlbumOctober 26th, 2010 - 7:59 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
October 26, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Taylor Swift takes a new turn in her third studio album ‘Speak Now’, she still has the girlish charm to it, more of the flesh and blood Disney girl next door, but at the same time she does not shy away from sharing her feelings about the people in her life sans the Miley Cyrus’s sexual innuendos. Most amazing part of the album is the 20-year-old girl without taking the names, has written a song for all the trouble-makers in her life.
It is clear and distinct in the song “Innocent”, she urges Kanye West to grow up, the song is an apt reply to the last year’s MTV Video Music Awards’ incident. On the other hand John Mayer, too, doesn’t miss a slot in her album; the “Dear John” ballad though stretches for almost 7 minutes does all the whipping and battering the 33-year-old singer needs and none of his ex-girlfriends has given him so far.
Next in the list of Taylor is actress Camilla Belle who once poached Joe Jonas. For both John and Camilla the lyrics of the songs penned by Taylor are not obvious and that what makes it more effective. Mayer gets the words like he has tired the girls out and those girls have “lifeless eyes.” Belle is acknowledged as an actress but her performance is better on the “mattress.” What performance and what Mayer did to the girls can be anyone’s guess.
Only drawback that some might feel that this album has 14 songs, but it has a mix of various genres. Another disadvantage is the title track of the song which in spite of having the signature and earnestness that Taylor posses, calls the bride a “bridezilla” which doesn’t really go down well.
- Taylor Swift Targets Camilla Belle In "Better Than Revenge" Lyrics? - Oct 26, 2010
- Taylor Swift, Jake Gyllenhaal: Dating, Flirting Or Subject For Next Album - Nov 01, 2010
- Taylor Swift's "Better Than Revenge" Lyrics Hinted At Camilla Belle? - Oct 25, 2010
- Taylor Swift Releases Her Third Album "Speak Now" - Oct 26, 2010
- Taylor Swift Speaks About Her Latest Release "Speak Now" - Oct 25, 2010
- Taylor Swift "Blindsided" by Jake Gyllenhaal Spilt - Jan 14, 2011
- Taylor Swift's Album "Speak Now" Track List Released - Oct 25, 2010
- Taylor Lautner – Taylor Swift: Rekindling the romance – Will Jake Gyllenhaak Bait Work? - Nov 26, 2010
- Joe Jonas to sing 'his side of the story' about past break-ups - Mar 17, 2011
- Taylor Swift 'takes aim at John Mayer in new song' - Oct 20, 2010
- Taylor Swift's New Single "Dear John" Hinted At John Mayer? - Oct 19, 2010
- Unreleased Song Performed By Chris Martin - Sep 03, 2010
- Taylor Swift's Third Album - Jul 22, 2010
- Miley Cyrus Goes The sexy Way In Her Recent Video - Nov 06, 2010
- 'Shirin Farhad...' soundtrack laced with romantic tones (IANS music review) - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: actress camilla belle, bridezilla, camilla belle, dear john, disney girl, earnestness, ex girlfriends, flesh and blood, girlish charm, kanye west, lifeless eyes, miley cyrus, mtv video music, mtv video music awards, posses, sexual innuendos, taylor swift, those girls, trouble makers, video music awards