Taylor Swift sets new download recordJanuary 31st, 2010 - 9:34 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Jan 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The gorgeous Taylor Swift has sent a new download record. She shattered Britney Spear’s first week download record, with her song ‘Today Was A Fairytale’. Her fans downloaded her track so much, that Britney Spears record was easily shattered. Taylor Swift’s song was downloaded 325,000 times in the last week, which is 39,000 times more than the previous record held by Britney Spears.
This song is from Swift’s new movie ‘Valentine’s Day’. It was also the number one on the Digital Songs countdown. And on the Billboard Hot 100, it is at number 2. ‘Tik Tok’ by Ke$ha is giving Taylor Swift’s song stiff competition, for the number one slot. Both these song charts were released on the 28th of January 2010.
According to Nielsen SoundScan, Taylor Swift was the highest-selling artist of 2008, in the United States with combined sales of more than four million albums. Taylor Swift’s album Fearless and her self-titled album finished 2008 at number three and number six respectively, with sales of over 2.1 and 1.5 million.
- Taylor Swift wins a Grammy Award 2010 for the Best Country Album - Feb 01, 2010
- Taylor Swift Beats Britney Spears' Download Record With "Fairytale" - Jan 31, 2010
- Taylor Swift Remains Unbeatable At Top Of Billboard Hot 200 - Jan 13, 2011
- Pop Sensation Ke$ha Sets Record With Her Debut Song - Jan 03, 2010
- Taylor Swift to play Supergirl? - Dec 24, 2009
- Black Eyed Peas top iTunes most-purchased song list - Feb 17, 2010
- Taylor Swift's 'Speak Now' A Roaring Success - Nov 06, 2010
- Ke$ha apologizes after insulting Britney Spears, Justin Bieber - Mar 24, 2010
- Taylor Swift's new album 'Speak Now' reaches sales record - Nov 04, 2010
- ‘Cage The Elephant’ Dethrones Taylor Swift From Her No.1 Position In The Billboard Hot 200 - Jan 20, 2011
- Britney Spears Rocks Again With "Hold It Against Me" - Jan 18, 2011
- Ke$ha: Looks Cool In Powder Blue Night Dress In Disney’s New Video - Jan 27, 2011
- Moby feels that Britney Spears' songs aren't music - May 31, 2011
- Britney's next single leaks, predicted to be a hit - Mar 05, 2011
- Eminem's 'Recovery' top-selling album of 2010 in US - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: 28th of january, 5 million, billboard hot 100, britney spear, britney spears, countdown, digital songs, nielsen soundscan, number six, s song, song charts, stiff competition, taylor swift, tok, united states, valentine s day