Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussionsFebruary 19th, 2012 - 4:04 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 19 (IANS) Renowned percussionist Taufiq Qureshi stole the show Saturday night at the end of the fourth day of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) with amazing vocal percussions at designer Payal Jain’s show.
Brother of table maestro Zakir Hussain, Qureshi left the audience clapping and cheering, as the models walked the ramp in Jain’s creations while he created remarkable musical sounds from his mouth in the backdrop.
The impact was such that the audience could not avoid getting involved in his performance and swaying to his music. The live music added zing to the entire show.
The show, sponsored by Fiama Di Wills, had designers Payal Jain and Sanchita Ajjampur jointly showcasing their collections.
Jain’s collection titled “Black Ice” was dominated by black and white colours. The collection included bandini embroidered coats, dresses, kaftans, skirts, tank tops with skinny leggings in fabrics like satin, georgette and chiffon.
On the other hand, Sachita played with cuts, layers, fluid visual patterns in her collection. It has Japanese influences, samurai aesthetics and kabuki motifs. Models walked the ramp wearing structural collapsible dresses in cotton jersey, skirts, leggings draped T-shirts with embroideries, evening and cocktail dresses shrugs and 1950s style ponchos.
While the fabrics included satin, georgette, chiffon, organza, fine nappa, the colour palate boasted of Japanese shades of ivory, honey brown, moss green, red, petroleum blue, willow grey, black with flashes of gilded gold.
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Shivan & Naresh, Swapnil Shinde use lasers in LFW show - Aug 07, 2012
- Khadi, Gandhi topis at James Ferreira's show - Oct 12, 2011
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- All about metal: Siddartha Tytler makes rocking LFW debut - Mar 14, 2011
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- Nomadic look in vogue at WIFW - Oct 27, 2010
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Shilpa, Chitrangada mesmerise at WIFW finale - Oct 28, 2010
- Rocky S brings curtains down for PFW in a grand way - Nov 21, 2010
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
- Hema Malini, daughter walk down Wills India Fashion Week ramp - Mar 27, 2010
Tags: blue willow, cocktail dresses, colour palate, cotton jersey, embroideries, entire show, fiama, honey brown, india fashion week, japanese influences, leggings, musical sounds, percussions, qureshi, satin georgette, shades of ivory, tank tops, visual patterns, wills lifestyle india fashion week, zakir hussain