Tarantino confident of losing best director OscarFebruary 19th, 2010 - 10:49 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 19(IANS) Hollywood director Quentin Tarantino, who has been nominated in the best director category for his film “Inglorious Bastards” at the Oscars this year, says he is confident that he will lose the award to Kathryn Bigelow, director for “The Huert Locker”.
Tarantino is hopeful he will land the prize for best picture or best original screenplay, but he isn’t so convinced about receiving the best director trophy.
“It would be really nice to win an Oscar for one of the three things or eight things I’m up for. And I think I stand a very good chance. I think we stand a good chance for best picture and I think I stand a very, very good chance for best (original) screenplay. I can’t imagine Kathryn is not going to get it for best director. I’m going to vote for Kathryn,” said Tarantino, reports contactmusic.com.
The director was previously nominated for the prestigious award for his 1994 movie “Pulp Fiction” but lost out to Robert Zemeckis for “Forrest Gump”.
This year, he is competing with Bigelow for her work on “The Hurt Locker”, James Cameron for “Avatar”, Lee Daniels for “Precious: Based On The Novel Push By Sapphire” and Jason Reitman for “Up In The Air”.
The Oscar ceremony will take place in Los Angeles March 7.
- Quentin Tarantino backs Kathryn Bigelow for Oscar win - Feb 20, 2010
- 67th Golden Globes nominations announced - Dec 16, 2009
- 'Avatar', 'The Hurt Locker' lead Oscar race - Feb 02, 2010
- Oscar 2010: The 82nd Annual Academy Award Winners - Mar 08, 2010
- Hollywood plans movie on US hunt for Osama bin Laden - May 03, 2011
- Tom Hanks: New Addition In 'The Hurt Locker' Sequel - Dec 01, 2010
- "Avatar" and "The Hurt Locker" lead 82nd Academy Awards nominations - Feb 03, 2010
- 2010 Oscar Predictions: Best Director - Feb 25, 2010
- James Cameron wins Golden Globe for best director - Jan 18, 2010
- Clooney's Up in the Air with Golden Globes nominations - Dec 16, 2009
- Directors Guild Awards 2010 Brings Good Luck For Kathryn Bigelow - Jan 31, 2010
- 'Avatar' bags eight BAFTA nominations - Jan 21, 2010
- Oscar Winners 2010 Announced - Mar 08, 2010
- Major Winners of the 2010 Oscars, The Hurt Locker sweeps the awards - Mar 08, 2010
- Best quotes from 2010 Oscars acceptance speeches - Mar 09, 2010
Tags: best director oscar, best original screenplay, director category, director quentin tarantino, forrest gump, good chance, hollywood director, huert, inglorious bastards, james cameron, jason reitman, kathryn bigelow, lee daniels, london feb, oscar ceremony, oscar london, prestigious award, pulp fiction, quentin tarantino, robert zemeckis