Tarantino confident of losing best director Oscar

February 19th, 2010 - 10:49 pm ICT by IANS  

London, Feb 19(IANS) Hollywood director Quentin Tarantino, who has been nominated in the best director category for his film “Inglorious Bastards” at the Oscars this year, says he is confident that he will lose the award to Kathryn Bigelow, director for “The Huert Locker”.
Tarantino is hopeful he will land the prize for best picture or best original screenplay, but he isn’t so convinced about receiving the best director trophy.

“It would be really nice to win an Oscar for one of the three things or eight things I’m up for. And I think I stand a very good chance. I think we stand a good chance for best picture and I think I stand a very, very good chance for best (original) screenplay. I can’t imagine Kathryn is not going to get it for best director. I’m going to vote for Kathryn,” said Tarantino, reports contactmusic.com.

The director was previously nominated for the prestigious award for his 1994 movie “Pulp Fiction” but lost out to Robert Zemeckis for “Forrest Gump”.

This year, he is competing with Bigelow for her work on “The Hurt Locker”, James Cameron for “Avatar”, Lee Daniels for “Precious: Based On The Novel Push By Sapphire” and Jason Reitman for “Up In The Air”.

The Oscar ceremony will take place in Los Angeles March 7.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe