‘Tarak Mehta Ka…’ celebrates dry Holi!February 27th, 2010 - 2:17 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
February 27, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): ‘Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ has always adopted an unconventional approach in order to convey some good and socially relevant messages through its episodes. Once again, the show has received an opportunity to convey some praiseworthy concept to the society as one more festival is waiting to be celebrated i.e Holi.
Our source from the production pronounces, “This time, the members of the Gokuldham society will celebrate the ‘Holi’ festival without using water, merely with dry colors. They will follow the motto of saving water and protecting the trees. The society members will also light up the Holika with cow dung instead of wooden logs, the cutting of which is a major cause of deforestation.”
“As there is water cut around the city, the residents of the Gokuldham society decide to play Holi without wasting water so that they can save some quantity of water. Through this measure, they want to put forth a social message to the people to preserve water and to contribute their part by playing a dry Holi,” adds the source. Our source goes on, “The shoot for the sequence is going on today and everyone is having loads of fun while shooting the sequence. The track will be telecast next week as it will be a ‘Holi’ special episode.”
Beside this significant social issue, the society members will also plan something that is sure to put a smile on all faces. A member of the Gokuldham society and the scientist Iyer will formulate a plan to get rid of Jethalal (Dilip Joshi) this holi. Thus, they will plan an idea, which is shared as a fake secret with Daya bhaabhi (Disha Vakani). But our innocent Dayaben unknowingly speaks about it to Jethalal. But, finally, Jethalal fulfils his wish of playing Holi with Babitaji (Moonmoon Dutta).”
We tried to call Disha Vakani, aka the extremely gregarious Daya, but we couldn’t establish contact with her.
Get glued to your TV sets to enjoy the dry Holi i.e. the festival of colors, with “Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’.
-Tejashree Bhopatkar/ Sampurn Wire
- Salman 'ready' for cameo in 'Taarak Mehta...' (With Images) - May 23, 2011
- Sunidhi, Salim And Anu Do A Garba Jig For Taarak Mehta and Team! - Jun 08, 2010
- Bollywood incomplete without Salman: Kareena - Sep 18, 2012
- Will John Be Able To Convince Daya Ben To Play Garba - Oct 11, 2010
- Daya, Jetha chale Canada! - May 06, 2010
- Mumbai Mahanagar Palika - A Fan Of Taarak Mehta! - Jun 11, 2010
- Irfan Pathan On 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah'? - Jun 18, 2010
- Gokul Dham goes Ahemdabad - Sep 18, 2009
- Raza Murad to play Shah Jahan in 'Veer Shivaji' (TV Snippets) - Apr 04, 2012
- Apsara Film And Television Producers Guild Awards Ceremony To Be Held On January 11 - Jan 07, 2011
- Taarak Mehta celebrates 'Makar Sankranti' - Jan 16, 2010
- 'Pavitra Rishta', 'Pratigya', 'Taarak Mehta' lead Apsara awards nomination - Jan 06, 2011
- Daya ben to Daya Babe only on Tarak - Jul 16, 2009
- Tarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashmah completes 300 episodes! - Feb 13, 2010
- SAB stars sweat it out 21st! - Feb 17, 2010
Tags: cause of deforestation, cow dung, dilip, holi, holi festival, holika, iyer, joshi, ka, loads of fun, mehta, motto, relevant messages, saving water, social message, society members, tarak, unconventional approach, wasting water, wooden logs