Tanushree Dutta celebrates Durga PujaOctober 7th, 2008 - 4:59 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Tanushree Dutta celebrated Durga Puja away from home. In spite of being away from where her family , Tanushree Dutta and the other Bengali’s of the Bollywood celebrated the festive in a grand fashion.
Tanushree Dutta says, “I always make sure that I am around with my family to celebrate the Durga Puja. We usually decorate the house withdiyas, flowers, incense, etc. and loads of Bengali sweets are also made which I love to savour. We also have lots of relatives visiting us fromKolkata and my hometown Jamshedpur. I have a strong belief in god and I know she protects me from all harm and will help sail me through allrough waters. Wishing everyone Happy Festivities.”
Tanushree Dutta is the Bengali Beauty, who won the Femina Miss India title in 2004 at age 21 and also placed among the top ten in the MissUniverse 2004 pageant. Tanushree’s debuted in Chocolate but Aashiq Banaya Apne released earlier. Dutta’s release for this year is “SaasBahu Aur Sunsex”.
Durga Puja also known as ‘The worship of Durga’ also referred as Durgotsab (Bengali) is widely celebrated in West Bengal, where it is afive-day annual holiday. The prayer also includes the worships of Shiva, Lakshmi, Ganesha, Saraswati, Kartikeya and Mahishasura. The dates ofDurga Puja celebrations are set according to traditional Bengali Calendar.
- Shedding clothes is a public demand: Tanushree Dutta - Jan 02, 2011
- Sea of humanity throngs Bengal streets on Mahashtami (Lead) - Oct 15, 2010
- Pranab dons the priest's robe during Durga Puja - Oct 05, 2011
- Behind Durga Puja idols and decor, the Mamata hand! - Sep 15, 2010
- For many Kolkata celebs, home is where Durga Puja is - Oct 12, 2010
- 100 pandals, galaxy of stars - Mumbai ready for Durga Puja - Sep 30, 2011
- Durga Puja celebrated with great fervour in West Bengal - Oct 16, 2010
- W. Bengal's idol-makers are hit by recession in exports - Jul 30, 2010
- Mumbai readies for Durga Puja - Oct 03, 2010
- Durga Puja fever soars in West Bengal (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Over 21,900 Durga Puja marquees come up across Bangladesh - Sep 24, 2009
- West Bengal celebrates Mahanavami - Oct 16, 2010
- Durga Puja organisers send out a green message - Sep 29, 2010
- Bipasha wants to go home for Durga Puja - Oct 09, 2010
- Mahalaya invokes Goddess Durga, puja countdown begins - Sep 27, 2011