‘Tanu Weds Manu’ shows Madhavan’s superstitionsJanuary 4th, 2011 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 4 (IANS) Don’t scratch your heads at the first scene of R. Madhavan’s “Tanu Weds Manu” thinking you’ve been duped into watching “3 Idiots” again! The actor has kept the entry scene same in his forthcoming comedy to make sure it does well at the box office. Maddy, as he is fondly called, was seen making a mad rush at the Delhi airport after abandoning his flight to New York in Hindi cinema’s highest grosser, and to make sure luck is on his side again, he requested director Anand Rai to give him a similar entry scene at the Delhi airport in “Tanu Weds Manu”.
Not many know that the “3 Idiots” scene was shot at the Hyderabad airport and keen on repeating each and every aspect, Madhavan even requested Rai to shoot the opening scene of his comedy at the same venue.
“Madhavan felt that the airport scene as the first shot has proven very lucky for him and he wanted to keep the magic alive in ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ also,” said a source from the film’s unit.
The film opens with Maddy landing at the Delhi airport from London before beginning his quest for a suitable bride for himself in India.
The producers incurred an extra cost due to the shoot at the Hyderabad airport but director Anand Rai is happy with the end result.
“The scene we shot at Hyderabad airport was perfect and we are very happy with the final result,” said Rai in a statement.
Starring Kangana Ranaut in the female lead, the movie is about a simple NRI boy coming home to India to find a homely bride and instead falling in love for a small town wild girl.
The film will hit the screens Feb 25.
- 'Tanu Weds Manu': Madhavan’s Fascination For The Airport Scene - Jan 05, 2011
- Kangana has her way with 'Tanu Weds Manu' - Dec 31, 2010
- 'Tanu Weds Manu' - a tale of attraction among opposites (Movie Preview) - Feb 21, 2011
- 'Tanu Weds Manu' - watch it for Madhavan (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 25, 2011
- Manu the antithesis of my persona: R. Madhavan - Feb 21, 2011
- When Kangana stayed at Delhi University hostel - Feb 02, 2011
- 'Tanu Weds Manu' is an honest film: Anand Rai - Feb 27, 2011
- I am very fond of Kangana: Madhavan - Feb 20, 2011
- Madhavan Refuses 3 Idiots Remake Offer - Jul 27, 2010
- 'Tanu Weds Manu' sequel finalised - Sep 16, 2011
- Making novel into movie is difficult, says Madhavan - May 31, 2010
- Kangana rides a Bullet bike in 'Tanu weds Manu' - Jan 12, 2011
- 'Tanu Weds Manu' gave me new image: Deepak Dhobriyal - Mar 06, 2011
- And now 'Tanu Weds Manu' in German - Mar 15, 2011
- Madhuri loved 'Tanu Weds Manu' - Feb 24, 2011
Tags: box office, coming home, delhi airport, end result, final result, hindi cinema, home to india, hyderabad airport, kangana ranaut, mad rush, maddy, manu, New Delhi, producers, r madhavan, rai, suitable bride, superstitions, venue, wild girl