Tantra is not just sex: Upset Hindus tell actress Heather GrahamJune 10th, 2009 - 9:53 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Hindus have criticized actress Heather Graham and other “Hollywood types” who apparently think of Tantra as just sex.
Acclaimed Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, said that Tantrism was a major channel in Indian religious traditions and besides Hinduism, it also exerted considerable influence on Buddhism and Jainism. Sankaracharya had mentioned the names of 64 Tantras.
Zed, who is president of Universal Society of Hinduism, pointed out that Tantra, a method of spiritual self-culture, was divine revelation whose history went back to fourth century. Tantra was a conscious approach to self-discovery which directed the seeker to prepare mind and body to the level where it could withstand any turbulence, both inner as well as outer. Tantras noted three unique states of sadhana (spiritual endeavor)—purification, illumination, and unification.
Rajan Zed further said Hindus welcomed Hollywood bigwigs to immerse in Hinduism but taking it seriously and not just flirting with its terminology and concepts and using it as a fashion statement. Hinduism was the oldest and third largest religion of the world with about one billion adherents and a rich philosophical thought and it should not be taken lightly.
Graham and other Hollywood celebrities needed to have more patience and go beyond the superficial because Hinduism concepts evolved over thousands of years and needed serious study, Rajan Zed added.
MTV Award winner 39 years old Heather Joan Graham (Boogie Nights), who reportedly claimed to be spiritual and practiced yoga and daily meditation and ventured into tantric sexual healing, plays Jade in “The Hangover’ (Todd Phillips), a comedy set in Las Vegas, released in USA on June five. -Sampurn Media
- Tantra is not just sex say dismayed Hindus - Dec 21, 2009
- Hindus critical, dismayed of "Hollywood types" describing Tantra as just sex - Dec 21, 2009
- Hindus upset at Trudie Styler's announcement- "Sadomasochism is the new Tantra" - Dec 25, 2009
- Hindus upset with Trudie Styler's- "Sadomasochism is the new Tantra" - Dec 26, 2009
- Hindus upset with West's fixation just on sex in Tantra - Apr 05, 2010
- Upset Hindus tell Hollywood types- "Tantra is not just sex" - Aug 24, 2009
- Upset Hindus tell Trudie Styler & Sting: 'Tantra not just sex' - May 08, 2010
- 'Heather Graham's tantric sex comments upsetting for Hindus' - Jun 11, 2009
- Tantra now used in dating - Nov 30, 2009
- Julia Roberts not the first celebrity to hug Hinduism - Sep 02, 2010
- Hindus greet Jains on Mahavir Jayanti - Apr 15, 2011
- Hindus concerned about DreamWorks' 'Monkeys of Bollywood' - Jan 13, 2011
- Hindus greet Jains on Paryushana - Sep 01, 2010
- Hindus upset with Jim Carrey, NBC for mocking Lord Ganesh - Jan 17, 2011
- Christians-Buddhists-Jews support Hindus upset over depiction of Lord Ganesh as sex act - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: actress heather graham, boogie nights, buddhism and jainism, conscious approach, daily meditation, divine revelation, heather graham, heather joan graham, hindu statesman, hollywood bigwigs, hollywood celebrities, hollywood types, mtv award, religious traditions, self culture, self discovery, spiritual endeavor, todd phillips, universal society, usa today