Tamil actor Surya has quiet birthday with wife, daughterJuly 24th, 2008 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
Coimbatore, July 24 (IANS) Tamil star Surya, who turned 34 Thursday, had a quiet birthday with his wife and daughter and did not take a break from his shooting schedule. The actor was shooting for “Vaaranam Aayiram”, scheduled for October release, and was joined by wife Jyothika and daughter Diya on the sets.
Other members of his family, including father Siva Kumar, and siblings Brinda and Karthi, fed 1,000 poor people in an NGO-run orphanage Udavum Karangal, which is 600 km northeast from Chennai.
“In our family, work gets first preference because producers’ money cannot be taken for granted. In my entire career of 35 years, I never had fan clubs, but my son Surya has over 600 admirers associations,” Kumar told IANS on phone.
Born in 1975 as Saravanan, Surya adopted his screen name in 1997 and has worked in 21 films.
- Surya-Jo Son Named As Dev - Jul 21, 2010
- Surya-Jyothika Blessed With Boy Child - Jun 07, 2010
- Surya's physique stuns Ram Gopal Varma - May 19, 2010
- Rajesh To Direct Karthi's Next Film - Oct 27, 2010
- Vijay's 'Velayudham' to be launched in grandeur - May 19, 2010
- It's destination Mumbai for Piaa Bajpai (Movie Snippets) - Dec 07, 2011
- Jyothika in Karthi's Siruthai? - Aug 20, 2010
- Sameera Reddy signs another Malayalam film - Jan 28, 2010
- 'Neethaane En Ponvasantham' trailer notches half million YouTube hits - Sep 04, 2012
- Amy Jackson To Work In Gowtham Menon’s Film - Oct 18, 2010
- Surya celebrates birthday in Cape Town - Jul 24, 2009
- Choreographer Subal Sarkar dead - Nov 12, 2011
- Brothers reunited after 80 years - Aug 17, 2012
- Surya, Parvathi win 56th Filmfare awards - Aug 01, 2009
- Aadhavan audio launch on Independence Day - Jul 17, 2009
Tags: 35 years, actor surya, admirers, chennai, diya, fan clubs, films, jyothika, karthi, money, ngo, orphanage, preference, producers, screen name, siblings, siva kumar, tamil star, udavum karangal, wife daughter