Tamara Braun Bags The “Best Supporting Actress Award” At The Emmy’sAugust 31st, 2009 - 7:17 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Actress Tamara Braun won the awards in the “Best Supporting Actress” category at the Daytime Emmy, held on Sunday, August 30. She clinched her win at the most coveted of the television awards for her performance in the soap, “Days of Our Lives.” Bruan was regarded to be a worthy contender for the award category because of her powerful portrayal. The actress accepted her award followed by a heart warming speech.
This is the first Emmy for the talented actress, who has gained a lot of popularity being a part of the show “All My Children’s”. She essays the role of Reese Williams, who is a lesbian in a relationship with another, in the series. In 2004, Braun had also landed an Emmy nomination for her role in daytime drama “General Hospital.”
Others who were featured in the nominations list, competing for the award were Bree Williamson of “One Life To Live”, Julie Pinson of as The World Turns”, Alicia Minshew and Melissa Claire Egan of “All My Children.” Braun beat a tough competition from Bree Williamson (who was touted to the sure shot winner) to lay her claim on the win. Prior to the awards event, Braun was ranked just second in the list for those who had chances to make a gateway with the award.
The 36th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards 2009 was held at the Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles this Sunday. The nominations for all the categories had been released about a month or so prior to the event taking place.
- Lesbian fav Tamara Braun best supporting actress - Aug 31, 2009
- 2009 Daytime Emmy Award Held In L.A. - Aug 31, 2009
- Melissa McCarthy's Oscar look raises brows - Feb 27, 2012
- Check Out Nominations For NAACP Image Awards 2011 - Jan 13, 2011
- Daytime Emmy Nominees Announced - May 13, 2010
- Michael Spiller wins Emmy for directing best comedy series - Sep 19, 2011
- Daytime Emmys 2010 Turns Out To Be A Grand Success - Jun 28, 2010
- Geary bags seventh Daytime Emmy - Jun 25, 2012
- Claire Danes Bags Golden Globe Award For "Temple Grandin" - Jan 17, 2011
- Daytime Emmy Nominees Announced, Ellen Backs Out - May 13, 2010
- Newlyweds Anna Paquin And Stephen Moyer To Present At Emmy Awards - Aug 24, 2010
- 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards: Nominees & Winners - Aug 30, 2010
- "Glee" And "The Pacific" Dominate Emmy Award Nominations - Jul 09, 2010
- 2009 Emmy Nominations Announced - Jul 17, 2009
- 'The Artist' gets 12 nods, leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: actress award, actress category, alicia minshew, award category, awards event, best supporting actress, days of our lives, daytime drama, daytime emmy awards, emmy nomination, gina gomez, julie pinson, melissa claire egan, orpheum theater, orpheum theater in los angeles, soap days of our lives, talented actress, tamara braun, television awards, worthy contender