Tale of Mr. Ghuggi and Mrs. GhuggiJune 17th, 2009 - 5:01 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
One fine day Mr. Ghuggi said to his wife, “Let’s make a trip to New Zealand”. Mrs. Ghuggi busy with her households replied, “Array New Zealand badi door hai, kahan jahaj mein baithke jaayeinge”. Peeved husband snaps, “abb kya khiinch ke paas le aaon, Aurte Goa jaane ko tarasti hai aur yeh New Zealand ke liye mana kar rahi hai”.
This excerpt is from day-to-day arguments between the famous stand up comedian and actor Gurpreet Singh Ghuggi and his wife Kuljeet Kaur. Laughter reality show “Hans Baliye’ approached Mr. Ghuggi to take part with his baliye. Mr. Ghuggi liked the concept of the show and was keen on participating but before that he had to convince his wife. His coy baliye had never faced audience in her life but instantly agreed to support her husband in the show. “She is a homely woman who would look her after her family but when she agreed to do the show I was determined to prepare her”, shares Mr. Ghuggi.
He is taken by surprise that his homely wife has everyone in splits from the day one on the show. “Stage par toh mein bhi unka woh roop dekh kar hairaan hoon?” expresses Ghuggi. He rates her 10/10 for snapping him brilliantly on the show. “She is doing 10 times better than I expected of her. I am an actor first than a standup comedian, at times actors tend to fake it but as she is raw she does it exactly the same what she is briefed and so it looks original”.
Mr. Ghuggi is known for his witty take on patniya (wives) and in his opinion, “Kahan cheezein sasti milti hai, kaha sale laga hai yeh sab biwiyon ko barabar pata hota hai (Wives will very well know about goods on sales and low price shops)”. In his earlier shows he has blatantly poked fun at his own wife and now both argue as equals in this show. Ghuggi Pa Ji, what a crash course! It seems Kuljeet has been angst-ridden for long and it’s coming out in the show. Paaji, did you ever say her sorry? “Main script mein apni bhi utni hi fazihat kara leta hun jitni uski hoti hai(I equally ridicule myself in the script). We will be sorry only if we won’t be able to entertain our audience. Hamare bachchon ko kurkure free mil rahe hai toh sorry kiss baat ka!” This Jodi is awarded Kurkure bowl twice on the show.
“Husband-wife ka rishta bina nok-jhok ke jaali lagta hai. Both argue for each others good but only their point of view clashes”, Pa ji’s point of view. Onscreen, Guggi and Guggi stand equal but off-screen loving Husband gives up to please his supportive wife.
-Deepa Mishra / Sampurn Media
- Jagjit Singh passes away - Oct 10, 2011
- Asha Bhosle enters Guinness World Records - Oct 21, 2011
- Popular Hindi songs, now titles of TV shows - Jan 04, 2012
- 'Khoya khoya chand' - Some of Dev Anand's hit songs - Dec 04, 2011
- Mrs Ghuggi ki ho gayee waah bhai waah! - Aug 25, 2009
- Rajesh Khanna's evergreen songs - Jul 18, 2012
- Beware of conman, Lata warns against fake secretary - Jan 25, 2011
- Ghazal loses its soulful king in Jagjit Singh (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2011
- "I WANT MY FANS TO SHARE THEIR SPECIAL MOMENTS WITH ME ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE" - PRIYANKA CHOPRA - Aug 17, 2010
- Mehdi Hassan was outstanding: Lata Mangeshkar - Jun 13, 2012
- Rajeshwari understands my profession: Varun Badola - May 13, 2012
- Wifey earns money, Ghuggi blows it honey! - Jul 24, 2009
- Twinkle keeps me under control at home: Akshay - Oct 13, 2010
- Jagjit's voice initially seen not suited for films: Lata - Oct 12, 2011
- Bollywood titles: Now a song, now a film - Jul 11, 2010