Tal Wilkenfeld: A young musical geniusMay 17th, 2009 - 8:52 pm ICT by GD
Tal Wilkenfeld is all set to set the music world ablaze. She is an electric bass guitarist who has made a place for herself among some of the biggest names in the world of rock and jazz music worldwide. She has performed with the reputed artists and singer on stage. Tal was born in Sydney in the year 1986. She first played the guitar at the age of 14. But then at 17 she started playing the bass guitar. Her first album entitled Transformation came very early when she was barely 20!
Tal not only played the guitar in Transformation but also showed her skills in composing, arranging and producing this great album. This album also featured some of the most notable names in the music industry like, Wayne Krantz, Keith Carlock and Seamus Blake.
Tal’s musical career started when she was spotted by Roger Sadowsky and was subsequently given an endorsement with Sadowsky guitars. She soon started performing as a sideman and bandleader. At the age of 21, after the success of her first album, she went on a tour in Australia along with Chick Corea. She followed it up with the European Summer Tour with Jeff Beck. The tour was rounded off at Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Festival, where Tal stowed her skills with the thundering solo called “Cause We’ve Ended as Lovers”.
Tal also performed with notable musicians such as Hiram Bullock, Rod Stewart, Ron Holloway, Susan Tedeschi, John Mayer etc. She plays with different bands and singers. Currently she is involved with the Jeff Beck Band, beside Vinnie Colaiuta and Jason Rebello in drum and keyboards respectively. She plays with her individual brilliance without being foreshadowed by the presence of these big names on stage.
- Top global jazz musicians to play in capital (With Images) - Nov 21, 2009
- India rocks, say 'Poets of the Fall' - Aug 28, 2012
- Avril Lavigne says that divorce hasn't inspired her new album - Apr 04, 2011
- Keys to launch new album at MTV Awards - Aug 26, 2012
- 'Shirin Farhad...' soundtrack laced with romantic tones (IANS music review) - Aug 07, 2012
- Eric Clapton to sell part of his guitar collection for Crossroads Centre - Dec 10, 2010
- Adele, Foo Fighters win big at 54th Grammy (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Shubha Mudgal to perform for cause - Mar 24, 2012
- Taylor Swift is top money maker - Mar 10, 2012
- Chandrika Krishnamurthy Tandon loses Grammy - Feb 14, 2011
- Bhayanak Maut's 'Shaitan' connection - May 16, 2011
- Matt Costa To Release 'Mobile Chateau - Sep 06, 2010
- Lyfe Jennings' Album "I Still Believe" Is Ready To Hit The Stores - Jun 11, 2010
- Music Of Nagaland Charms Myanmar - Jun 04, 2010
- "Super Bass" Lyrics Rapped By Taylor Swift - Feb 05, 2011
Tags: bass guitarist, chick corea, crossroads festival, electric bass, hiram bullock, jason rebello, jazz music, jeff beck, keith carlock, music world, musical career, musical genius, ron holloway, sadowsky guitars, seamus blake, sideman, susan tedeschi, tour in australia, vinnie colaiuta, wayne krantz