Take That’s Gary Barlow has “ballet shoes-phobia”!June 17th, 2009 - 5:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 17 (ANI): Take That star Gary Barlow has a thing about… ballet pumps.
The 37-year-old has developed an unhealthy aversion to the flat footwear. In fact, he hates them so much that he banned people from wearing them backstage during the band’s Circus tour, reports The Mirror.
A source said: “Gary can’t stand the sight of ballet pumps. It may sound odd but he cannot bear them.
“He thinks they’re incredibly unflattering. In his eyes, even the most attractive woman in the world would be pug ugly if she was wearing pumps.
“At one of their recent after-show parties, a dancer was kicking back in some pastel ballet pumps, and Gary had to leave the room.
“His wife Dawn owns a pair and Gary jokes that he’ll divorce her if she buys any more. And he can’t be seen with her when she does wear them.
“All 230-odd cast and crew have been told to stick to trainers or heels when not on stage.
“The other lads find it hilarious and keep taking the mick, but Gary is adamant: dump the pump.” (ANI)
- Take That friends forever: Barlow - Jun 05, 2012
- Trouble in Take That? - Jul 18, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth to honour Gary Barlow - Jun 10, 2012
- Gary Barlow thanks fans for support - Aug 09, 2012
- Gary Robbie indulges in a calorie war before 'Take That' tour - Mar 22, 2011
- 'X-Factor' judges take dig at Barlow - Jun 07, 2012
- Barlow is celebrity dad of the year - Jun 16, 2012
- Mariah Carey obsessed with pregnancy books - Nov 01, 2010
- Barlow's Diamond Jubilee hangover - Sep 10, 2012
- Rowland has crush on Gary Barlow - Aug 24, 2011
- Scherzinger wants to start family - Sep 01, 2012
- Heels are pleasure with pain: Louboutin - Apr 18, 2012
- Cher Lloyd: 'Louis Walsh is bored' - Oct 11, 2011
- New Take That album coming out next year - May 23, 2012
- Singer Tulisa Contostavlos sports a tan - Feb 17, 2012