Take That snubbed by Brit Awards Voting Academy againJanuary 21st, 2009 - 1:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 21 (ANI): English pop group Take That has been snubbed by the Brit Awards Voting Academy again despite being Britains favourite band.
The band, consisting of Gary Barlow, Jason Orange, Howard Donald and Mark Owen, have received just one nomination this year, with Coldplay and Duffy getting four each.
Despite their album The Circus having been sold a million copies faster than any other album, the boys landed in the same category as Elbow, Girls Aloud, Radiohead and Chris Martin and Co, battling for the Best Group gong.
According to the organisers, voting is by 1,000 members from across the music industry, including DJs, critics and students, and surprisingly the band has not even been chosen for Best Album.
When the band had won the Best Single award and the British Live Act prize, which had been chosen by fans, Barlow was not very pleased.
Its amazing that when the public vote we always do well, the Sun quoted Barlow as having said then.
But it gets to me that when weve been nominated for other awards, we get overlooked. Its a disgrace. I thought we were in with a shout this year but it just goes to show we dont fit the mould, he had added.
The ceremony, which will see the Pet Shop Boys receive the Outstanding Contribution to Music award, will take place at Londons Earls Court on February 18. (ANI)
- Delhi-based reggae group nominated for British award (With Images) - Mar 01, 2012
- 'Dabangg' leads GIMA nominations - Aug 11, 2011
- Foo Fighters win five Grammy Awards - Feb 13, 2012
- New Take That album coming out next year - May 23, 2012
- Coldplay, Gaga to perform at charity concert - Sep 15, 2011
- Take That friends forever: Barlow - Jun 05, 2012
- Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal lead nominations for Ivor Novello Awards - Apr 21, 2010
- CMA Awards 2010 Highlights - Nov 11, 2010
- Rihanna to perform with Coldplay at Grammys - Jan 20, 2012
- Adele, Foo Fighters win big at 54th Grammy (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Coldplay songs most likely to help people doze off - Oct 26, 2010
- Rihanna skips Paralympic rehearsals - Sep 10, 2012
- American Music Awards: Why it was a Justin Bieber night - Nov 22, 2010
- Kids show gets 5 Emmy nominations - Oct 19, 2011
- Robbie Williams to quit Take That? - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: brit awards, chris martin, disgrace, duffy, earls court, english pop group, favourite band, gary barlow, jan 21, jason orange, live act, london jan, mark owen, martin and co, music award, music industry, pet shop boys, public vote, radiohead, voting academy