Take That named Best International Rock-Pop Act at Echo AwardsMarch 26th, 2011 - 6:32 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 26 (ANI): Take That bagged a top international prize at Germany’s annual Echo Awards.
The ‘Rule The World’ hitmakers thanked the German music industry as they were named Best International Rock-Pop Act for their album ‘Progress’ on Thursday.
The British pop stars competed with Black Eyed Peas and the Kings of Leon for the price. Bon Jovi and the Hurts were also in the running.
“Germany is incredibly good to us,” the Daily Star quoted Robbie Williams, who rejoined the group last year, as telling the crowd while accepting the trophy.
Eminem was crowned the Best Hip-Hop Artist and Scottish singer Amy Macdonald was named Best International Rock-Pop Artist in the international category.
Late Hawaiian singer Israel Kamakawiwo’ole’s ballad ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’ was honoured as the Hit of the Year.
The ceremony, held in Berlin, featured performances from Take That, soul star Adele and R and B singer Bruno Mars. (ANI)
- Adele's 'Rolling in the deep' named song of the year - Feb 13, 2012
- Charity album raises $5 mn for Japan victims - May 05, 2011
- Adele, Foo Fighters win big at 54th Grammy (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Taylor Swift & Adele amongst the big winners in the American music awards - Nov 21, 2011
- Adele wins Grammy for '21' - Feb 13, 2012
- 38th American Music Awards Results Announced, Justin Bieber Wins 4 - Nov 22, 2010
- Gaga wins four awards at MTV EMAs - Nov 07, 2011
- Adele deserved every award: Gaga - Feb 14, 2012
- Jones' 'Come away with me' top-selling album - Mar 25, 2012
- Bon Jovi takes the No.1 Soundscan debut with The Circle - Nov 30, 2009
- Robbie Williams' life to be turned into West End musical - Jan 26, 2011
- Lady Gaga dominates Echo Awards in Berlin - Mar 06, 2010
- Bon Jovi's Performance Subdued By Rihanna In Madrid - Nov 08, 2010
- Take That's 'Progress' named 'biggest-selling album of 2010 in UK' - Jan 03, 2011
- List of top winners of 2011 Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: adele, amy macdonald, b singer, bon jovi, british pop stars, daily star, echo awards, german music, hawaiian singer, hip hop artist, international category, israel kamakawiwo, kings of leon, london march, music industry, pop act, pop artist, robbie williams, scottish singer, soul star