‘Take That’ among winners of GQ Men Of The Year AwardsSeptember 9th, 2009 - 1:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 9 (ANI): Brit pop band ‘Take That’ won the award for Best Band at the GQ Men Of The Year Awards at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, London.
Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Howard Donald, and Jason Orange were presented the award by John Lennon’s widow, Yoko Ono, who revealed that she was a big fan of the band, reports the Sun.
The Woman Of The Year Award went to singer Lily Allen, while Brit model Kelly Brook presented the top comedian gong to Michael McIntyre.
Formula One ace Jenson Button, who arrived at the awards with his girlfriend Jessica Michibata, received the Sportsman Of The Year award.
Indian actress Freida Pinto was also at the event, and she presented American film producer Harvey Weinstein the movie mogul gong.
Comedian David Walliams was named Most Stylish Man, while RocknRolla director Guy Ritchie won the filmmaker prize. (ANI)
- Yoko Ono to mark John Lennon's 70th b'day with Iceland ceremony - Aug 27, 2010
- Ringo Starr joins Yoko Ono on stage at John Lennon tribute concert - Oct 11, 2010
- Yoko Ono fan of British band Take That - Sep 09, 2009
- Lady Gaga sings with Yoko Ono - Oct 05, 2010
- Yoko plans Lennon's 70th memorial birthday celebration in Iceland - Aug 29, 2010
- John Lennon's killer denied parole - Sep 08, 2010
- Yoko Ono Keeps The Legend Alive - Oct 08, 2010
- John Lennon's 'Imagine' microphones up for grabs - Apr 30, 2011
- Yoko Ono to bring multimedia art to India - Dec 04, 2011
- Today is John Lennon's death anniversary - Dec 08, 2011
- Lennon's 70th birthday marked with monument at hometown - Oct 11, 2010
- Lady Gaga exposes her rear in sheer jumpsuit at concert with Yoko Ono - Oct 04, 2010
- Newton's schizophrenic film career - Sep 20, 2011
- Brad Pitt Planning For A Film On Late Beatles Star, John Lennon - Jan 08, 2011
- Yoko Ono mourns Oasis split - Jun 04, 2010
Tags: american film producer, covent garden london, david walliams, gary barlow, girlfriend jessica, gq men of the year, gq men of the year awards, harvey weinstein, indian actress, jason orange, lily allen, men of the year, michael mcintyre, owen howard, royal opera house, royal opera house in covent garden, sportsman of the year, stylish man, widow yoko ono, yoko ono