“Taare Zameen Par” selected to Oscars nominee - Aamir proudSeptember 22nd, 2008 - 3:33 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
“Taare Zameen Par” or “Stars on earth” A film which portraits a boy struggling to come to terms with a learning disorder and his relationship with his teacher has been now nominated as India’s entry to Oscar awards 2009.
The film directed by Aamir Khan who is very proud of this piece of work, which he also starred as the teacher.
The movie was jointly produced by Aamir Khan Productions and PVR Pictures and starred Darsheel Safary as the protagonist. It it the story of an eight-year-old dyslexic boy and a teacher, played by Aamir, bringing the kid out of his predicament.
According to producer, director and actors team, elements of the movie has been arranged perfectly including direction, animation, screenplay, acting and script and uniqueness of the story’s concept and all those factors are the reason why Taare Zameen Par has been selected as India’s entry for the Oscar 2009 in the best foreign film category.
There are also competitions of other Bollywood films, among them are A Wednesday, Rock On, Mumbai Meri Jaan, Jodhaa Akbar, Black & White - all of which have won critical acclaim. There were also two Marathi films Tingya and Vaalu and a Telegu film Gamyam in contention.
- 'Taare Zameen Par' is India's Oscar entry (Lead) - Sep 20, 2008
- Darsheel out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 5' - Sep 01, 2012
- Darsheel impresses LA audiences with superhero act in 'Zokkomon' - Apr 25, 2011
- Darsheel turns 15, spends birthday in Sri Lanka (With Image) - Mar 09, 2011
- B'wood zooms its lens on teacher-student bonding - Sep 03, 2011
- Lack of star power mars Darsheel-starrer 'Bumm Bumm Bole' - May 17, 2010
- Jackie Chan's stunt director trained Darsheel (With Images) - Mar 29, 2011
- Children's films: Bollywood wakes up from its slumber (Nov 14 is Children's Day) - Nov 12, 2011
- Aamir Khan Takes A Keen Interest In Darsheel's Release - May 14, 2010
- Darsheel will always be my superhero: Aamir (With Images) - Apr 21, 2011
- Special presentation on 'Taare...' at Unesco headquarters - Feb 02, 2010
- I want Aamir uncle to be proud of me: Darsheel - May 14, 2010
- Film festival for disabled in Bhopal - Dec 13, 2010
- Darsheel Safary returns with 'Bumm Bumm Bole' (IANS Preview) - May 10, 2010
- Looking forward to the day when Salman gets married: Aamir - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: aamir khan, best foreign film, black white, bollywood films, competitions, contention, critical acclaim, film category, jodhaa akbar, marathi, mumbai meri jaan, oscar awards, oscars, portraits, predicament, protagonist, safary, screenplay, taare zameen par, uniqueness