T-Pain files a lawsuit against auto-tune maker Antares TechnologiesJuly 29th, 2011 - 10:51 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, July 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) R&B singer T-Pain has filed a lawsuit against Antares Technologies, who are the makers of the popular vocal effect known as ‘auto-tune’. It ought to be mentioned here that T-Pain himself was one of the biggest reasons why auto-tune reached such dizzying heights.
Auto-tune is a way of honing the singer’s pitch to the exact level required.
Once upon a time, T-Pain and Antares Technologies used to have a very good business relationship together but now the grapes seemed to have soured. In fact there are reports that T-Pain has collaborated with another company – Izotope and together they have made a new voice manipulation entity which is being called as ‘The T-Pain Effect’.
Naturally now T-Pain wants to distance himself from his previous company and in this regard he has filed a lawsuit against Antares Technologies.
The lawsuit was filed in the US District Court in California and T-Pain alleges that Antares is still using his image in various advertising related material of the auto-tune product. Since Antares and T-Pain have called it quits so the singer feels that the company should not used his image and/or likeness in advertising their products as they weould mislead the public.
- Justin Bieber's voice gets software adjustment - Jul 05, 2012
- Kelly Clarkson is not a fan of auto-tune - Oct 18, 2011
- Lil Wayne Deems That Shooting Of The Video For ‘Welcome To My Hood’ Was Scary - Jan 22, 2011
- Nicole Scherzinger is a beast on stage - Dec 09, 2010
- Katy Perry's voice disappointing, says Jessica Mauboy - Nov 17, 2010
- Hilary Swank sues home-audio firm - May 15, 2012
- US teen's debut single 'Friday' goes viral for being worst pop song ever - Mar 18, 2011
- 'Death of Autotune' and birth of original music - Jun 06, 2009
- T-Pain to perform in India next week - Jun 12, 2011
- The winners of 52nd Annual Grammy Awards - Feb 01, 2010
- Beyonce top winner at Grammy's with six awards (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2010
- Melanie Amaro releases her new single - Aug 03, 2012
- Bullock sues watch company - Mar 03, 2012
- Akon banned from performing in Australia - Oct 28, 2010
- Can sauvignon blanc in sunscreen help avoid sunburn? - Jan 17, 2011