Sylvester Stallone won’t play Edgar Allen Poe in biopicJuly 16th, 2010 - 6:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 16 (ANI): Sylvester Stallone has admitted that he will not play his one-time dream role of Edgar Allen Poe in a big-budget biopic, for he thinks he is the wrong man to play the horror writer.
Stallone revealed that he’s still very much involved in plans to make a Poe movie, which he has written.
However, he accepts the idea of him directing and starring in the film has become a “big parody”, and he’s glad the project never got off the ground with him as the author.
“I do have a script that’s gone through 20 mutations. Every few years I take it out and rework it and update it,” the Daily Express quoted him as telling Cigar Aficionado magazine.
“What fascinates me about Poe is that he was such an iconoclast. It’s a story for every young man or woman who sees themselves as a bit outside the box, or has been ostracised during their life as an oddball or too eccentric. It didn’t work for him either.
“His work was too hip for the room… but he developed the modern mystery story. He was also one of the great cryptologists; there were very few codes he couldn’t crack. He was just an extraordinary guy,” he added.
And when asked if he still wanted to play Poe, Stallone said: “I did at one time. Thank God that never happened.” (ANI)
- 'The Raven'- compelling film with inconsistent end (IANS Movie Review) - May 19, 2012
- Allen Poe darkest role ever: John Cusack (With Image) - May 17, 2012
- John Cusack to Play Edgar Allan Poe in 'The Raven' - Aug 31, 2010
- Sly says his stunt injuries are a 'good omen' - Jul 20, 2010
- Sly persuaded Arnie to make a comeback - Aug 11, 2010
- Joaquin Phoenix to play Edgar Allen Poe in comeback film - Mar 13, 2010
- Movie Review - The Expendables (2010) - Aug 13, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone's son found dead - Jul 14, 2012
- 'The Expendables' - like a good old action film (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 15, 2010
- DiCaprio wanted to gain weight for biopic - Nov 05, 2011
- Edgar Allan Poe finally gets his funeral - Oct 10, 2009
- Stallone announces that 'Rocky the musical' is coming soon - Nov 23, 2011
- John Cusack to play Edgar Allan Poe in murder mystery - Aug 30, 2010
- 'Rocky The Musical' to open in Germany next year - Nov 23, 2011
- Hugh Jackman studied boxing with Sugar Ray Leonard for 'Real Steel' - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: biopic, budget, cigar aficionado, cigar aficionado magazine, cryptologists, daily express, dream role, edgar allen poe, god, horror writer, iconoclast, london, mutations, mystery story, oddball, parody, sylvester stallone, time dream, wrong man, young man