Sylvester Stallone & ‘The Expendables’ Vaporize ‘Vampires Suck’ at Box OfficeAugust 23rd, 2010 - 10:32 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Although it seemed for a while that the ‘Vampires’ were a serious threat to Sylvester Stallone and his ‘Expendables’, the latter came back on Saturday night, slaughtering the Twilight spoof and taking no prisoners.
So far, the epic action film starring many huge names, with veteran actors such as Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Although local residents protested the Governor of California’s role in the movie, Schwarzenegger, along with 64 year old Stallone, 55 year old Willis, and 57 year old Rourke was a hit with the rest of the country.
The movie, which is also directed by Stallone, tells the story if a team of mercenaries who travel to South America on a mission with the purpose of overthrowing a dictator there. The action packed film full of violent scenes, explosions, and vast amounts of weapons blew away the competition at the box office over the weekend.
‘The Expendables’ came back strong on Saturday and won with a $16.5 million finish. So far the movie has grossed a whopping $64.9 million. The competition, ‘Vampires Suck’ came in at $12.2 million, with a gross total of $18.8 million since it debuted on Wednesday. Julia Robert’s ‘Eat Pray Love’ came in at a close third.
- Expendables Tops the Box Office for two weeks straight - Aug 23, 2010
- Sly 'proud to be amongst ugliest guys' in 'The Expendables' - Aug 05, 2010
- John Travolta in 'Expendables II'? - Aug 02, 2011
- I 'killed' more people than Stallone: Schwarzenegger (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Simon West finalised to direct 'The Expendables 2' - Jun 16, 2011
- 'The Expendables' to release in over 400 screens in India - Aug 03, 2010
- Movie Review - The Expendables (2010) - Aug 13, 2010
- Stallone plans to be full time director - Jun 25, 2010
- 'The Expendables' - like a good old action film (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 15, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone Plans To Take Up Direction - Jun 28, 2010
- 'The Expendables 2' - a nostalgia reloaded (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 25, 2012
- Stallone undergoes neck surgery after fight scene - Jan 06, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone's 'The Expendables' beats 'Vampires Suck' to be the top grosser of the week - Aug 23, 2010
- Arnie planning to reprise his career as Hollywood action hero - Feb 11, 2011
- Sly persuaded Arnie to make a comeback - Aug 11, 2010
Tags: 5 million, action film, arnold schwarzenegger, box office, bruce willis, dictator, explosions, governor of california, julia robert, mercenaries, mickey rourke, prisoners, saturday night, south america, spoof, sylvester stallone, twilight, vampires, veteran actors, violent scenes