Sylvester Stallone defends casting 50 Cent in new filmMarch 19th, 2009 - 5:57 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 19 (ANI): Sylvester Stallone has defended his decision to cast rapper 50 Cent in his forthcoming movie, and said that fans criticism for the choice is not fair.
The Rocky star has roped in the most notorious action stars, including Jet Li, Mickey Rourke and Jason Statham, for his all-star action film The Expendables.
Currently, the shooting for the film is going on in Brazil.
Initially, Forest Whitaker was to appear in the movie as Agent Will Sands.
But he had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts after shooting on the Stallone’’s film was pushed back.
Stallone later gave the role to 50 Cent, but the decision has come under fire from film fans who claim that the star isn”t a credible actor.
And now, Stallone has promised on his forum, StalloneZone, that he will guide the hip-hop star through the role.
“Please tell the loyal followers to be positive not negative in their feedback. I am not self-destructive. The anger of the casting of 50 Cent is understandable, but not fair, Contactmusic quoted Stallone as writing to the forum’’s administrator.
He added: “A player is only as good as his coach. If a man can communicate in one medium, he can communicate in another if his strengths are brought out and he has the support of well-wishers. So, trust me, the change of Forest Whitaker to 50 Cent AKA Curtis Jackson is a good one.” (ANI)
- Sly says 'unaffordable' stars made 'Expendables' impossible two decades ago - Aug 23, 2010
- John Travolta in 'Expendables II'? - Aug 02, 2011
- Simon West finalised to direct 'The Expendables 2' - Jun 16, 2011
- Why Van Damme refused to appear in Sly's 'The Expendables' - Aug 17, 2010
- 'The Expendables' - like a good old action film (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 15, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone, 64, is a child at heart - Aug 15, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone made taller for 'The Expendables' poster - Aug 02, 2010
- Movie Review - The Expendables (2010) - Aug 13, 2010
- Sly wants to be a role model for youngsters - Aug 10, 2010
- Mickey Rourke to play Russian villain in Iron Man 2 - Mar 15, 2009
- Sylvester Stallone Plans To Take Up Direction - Jun 28, 2010
- 'The Expendables' cast meets UK's royal regiment - Aug 10, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone Gets Injured While Shooting For "The Expendables" - Jan 09, 2010
- Stallone to play hitman in 'Headshot' - Feb 08, 2011
- Sylvester Stallone & 'The Expendables' Vaporize 'Vampires Suck' at Box Office - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: 50 cent, action film, action stars, all star, anger, brazil, conflicts, contactmusic, curtis jackson, expendables, film fans, forest whitaker, hip hop star, jason statham, jet li, loyal followers, mickey rourke, new film, sylvester stallone, well wishers