Sylvester Stallone, 64, is a child at heartAugust 15th, 2010 - 3:32 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 15 (ANI): The older you get, the more immature you should be - at least that’s what ‘Rambo’ star Sylvester Stallone thinks.
The two-time Academy Award nominee is promoting his 56th film, ‘The Expendables’. It unites some of the biggest action stars of the ’70s, ’80s and today - Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Bruce Willis, Dolph Lundgren, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jason Statham.
“People think once you reach a certain age, you’re obsolete,” the Daily Telegraph quoted Stallone as saying.
“I believe all of us have this childlike zest for life inside if we’re allowed to show it, but society beats it down. What does it mean to act your age? To act old?
“The older you get, the more immature you should be. Just enjoy it,” Stallone said.
Instead of relying on computer-generated imagery and other new film technologies, Stallone has opted for traditional high-energy action in ‘The Expendables.’
“I just thought we’d go back to a simpler stage, man against man and not too much man against technology.
“I wanted to do an old-fashioned film, which means no superheroes.
“It’s just guys trying to be tough and if they’re heroic, great, but they’re just flesh and bone,” he added. (ANI)
- John Travolta in 'Expendables II'? - Aug 02, 2011
- Simon West finalised to direct 'The Expendables 2' - Jun 16, 2011
- Sly says 'unaffordable' stars made 'Expendables' impossible two decades ago - Aug 23, 2010
- Why Van Damme refused to appear in Sly's 'The Expendables' - Aug 17, 2010
- 'The Expendables' - like a good old action film (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 15, 2010
- 'The Expendables' to release in over 400 screens in India - Aug 03, 2010
- Tough guy Sly is scared of Dolph Lundgren - Jul 26, 2010
- Sly wants to be a role model for youngsters - Aug 10, 2010
- Sly 'proud to be amongst ugliest guys' in 'The Expendables' - Aug 05, 2010
- Movie Review - The Expendables (2010) - Aug 13, 2010
- 'The Expendables' cast meets UK's royal regiment - Aug 10, 2010
- Sly planning for 'Expendables' sequel - Aug 16, 2010
- The Expendables Rake In A Total Of 35 Million US Dollars - Aug 16, 2010
- Sly broke neck while filming fight scenes in The Expendables - Jan 06, 2010
- Violence in modern films 'not good', says Sly - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: 70s 80s, academy award nominee, action stars, arnold schwarzenegger, child at heart, computer generated imagery, daily telegraph, dolph lundgren, energy action, expendables, film technologies, flesh and bone, jason statham, man against man, mickey rourke, star sylvester stallone, stars of the 70s, sylvester stallone, time academy award nominee, zest for life