Swank gave up vegetarianism to gain weightOctober 10th, 2009 - 12:27 am ICT by IANS
London, Oct 9 (IANS) Oscar-award winning actress Hilary Swank has revealed that she gave up vegetarianism after 18 years in a bid to gain weight and stay healthy.
The 35-year-old abandoned vegetarianism two years ago when she suddenly started dropping pounds and Swank admits she’s much happier with her figure since the diet change, though she still struggles with eating animal flesh, reports gossip.ie.
“I just started withering away. I wasn’t getting enough vitamins or protein. (It was) very emotional. I sat over my plate and cried. I really had to work through it. It still makes me emotional. I don’t know if you have ever looked into a cow’s eye, but it is so soulful. So I don’t like it - but it’s something I have to do,” she said.
- Hilary Swank attracted to underdog roles - Dec 19, 2010
- Swank films documentary for cancer prevention - May 21, 2011
- Morrissey supports Gaga's meat dress - Jun 23, 2011
- Hilary Swank loves sale shopping - Jan 05, 2011
- Gyllenhaal's dilemma - often gets mistaken for Maguire - Jan 10, 2010
- Aubrey O'Day breaks down over her weight issues - Mar 09, 2011
- Gere remembers friend Herb Ritts - Apr 03, 2012
- Hilary Swank wasn't allowed to play with other kids as a poor child - Dec 16, 2010
- Dame Helen Mirren says she's happier without kids - Feb 23, 2011
- Woman poses as boy to seduce teenage girls - Oct 08, 2010
- Pregnant Duff feels good - Oct 12, 2011
- Lady Gaga sparks outrage by wearing raw meat outfit to MTV Awards - Sep 14, 2010
- Hilary Swank believes in miracles - Jan 03, 2010
- Hilary Swank doesn't mind being nude in front of beau's son - Oct 09, 2009
- Chelsea cried remembering mother - Feb 10, 2012