Suspect in Travolta extortion trial released on bailFebruary 18th, 2009 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, February 18 (ANI): A paramedic hauled in by cops after being accused of trying to extort millions of dollars from John Travolta has been released on bail.
It was suggested that an ambulance driver and a high-ranking Bahamian official teamed up in a reported 17.6-million-pound plot to extort money from Travolta and his wife over information related to their 16-year-old son Jett’’s death.
Driver Tarino Lightbourne was taken into custody on 23 January, along with Pleasant Bridgewater, an island attorney and lawmaker and Obie Wilchcombe, the islands ex-Minister of Tourism and a friend of the celebrity couple, for their alleged involvement.
Lightbourne was charged with conspiracy to attempt and commit extortion, reports the Daily Express.
And now, according to TMZ.com, Lightbourne managed to arrange funds for his 35,000-pound-bail and was released from Fox Hill Prison on 16 February.
Bahamian prosecutors were said to be in the process of fast-tracking the case for trial before the Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas in Nassau. (ANI)
- Travolta extortion trial may get fast-tracked - Feb 12, 2009
- Details of Travolta extortion plot revealed - Jan 28, 2009
- John Travolta extortion case dropped - Sep 07, 2010
- Bahamas Police gets hold of tapes in Travoltas PS18m extortion attempt - Jan 26, 2009
- Travolta listed as a witness in extortion trial - Jan 28, 2009
- Travolta refused medical aid for dying son - Sep 23, 2009
- Travolta friend accused in ''extortion plot'' insists innocence - Jan 26, 2009
- I am the real victim, says alleged Travolta extortionist - Sep 16, 2010
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- Bahamas senator accused in Travolta ''extortion plot'' resigns - Jan 26, 2009
- Travolta extortion plot: Three held - Jan 24, 2009
- John Travolta Drops Extortion Case Against Bridgewater & Lightborne Due to Stress - Sep 07, 2010
- Travolta Extortion case dropped - Sep 07, 2010
- John Travolta blackmail saga continues in court - Oct 15, 2009
- Travolta's extortion case declared mistrial - Oct 22, 2009
Tags: 16 february, 6 million, ambulance driver, bridgewater, celebrity couple, commonwealth of the bahamas, conspiracy, cops, daily express, extortion, fox hill, island attorney, john travolta, lawmaker, minister of tourism, nassau, obie, paramedic, prosecutors, supreme court