Sushmita calls on Dalai LamaMarch 28th, 2011 - 3:44 pm ICT by IANS
Dharamsala, March 28 (IANS) Bollywood star Sushmita Sen Monday met the Dalai Lama, the Tibetan spiritual leader, to seek his blessings, said an official here.
“She just came to seek his blessings,” Tenzin Taklha, joint secretary at the Dalai Lama’s Office, told IANS.
Dressed in a traditional maroon robe, the Nobel Peace Prize winner presented her ‘khata’, a traditional white robe given by the Tibetans in honour.
Born July 6, 1935, to a family of farmers in a small hamlet in Taktser in northeastern Tibet, the Dalai Lama fled his homeland in 1959 after a failed uprising and has been staying here since.
A total of 140,000 Tibetans live in exile, over 100,000 of them in different parts of India itself.
- Dalai Lama a hit at IPL match in Dharamsala - Apr 18, 2010
- Mahatma's grandson to attend Dalai Lama's birthday bash - Jul 04, 2011
- Dalai Lama's 77th birthday celebrated in Dharamsala - Jul 06, 2012
- Dalai Lama will live to be 113 - Jul 06, 2011
- At 76, Dalai Lama remains hopeful on Tibet - Jul 05, 2011
- Dalai Lama's 77th birthday celebrated in Dharamsala (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- On Dalai Lama's birthday, prayers for his long life - Jul 06, 2011
- Will decide on successor when I am 90: Dalai Lama - Sep 24, 2011
- Dalai Lama's message read in Tibetan parliament-in-exile - Mar 14, 2011
- Reincarnation is my personal right: Dalai Lama - Sep 23, 2011
- Prayers, sapling plantations mark Dalai Lama's birthday - Jul 06, 2011
- Exiles celebrate Dalai Lama's birthday (Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- The Dalai Lama: A monk on the move - Aug 23, 2010
- A year since Dalai Lama's historic transition - Mar 08, 2012
- Dalai Lama not to address Tibetans on 'uprising day' - Mar 09, 2012
Tags: blessings, bollywood star, dalai lama, dharamsala, exile, farmers, hamlet, honour, India, nobel peace prize, nobel peace prize winner, northeastern tibet, peace prize winner, sushmita sen, tibetan spiritual leader, tibetans, uprising, white robe