Sushant Singh Rajput in movie version of ‘3 Mistakes Of My Life’?April 30th, 2012 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 30 (IANS) Director Abhishek Kapoor is shooting “Ka Po Che”, a movie adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s bestseller “The 3 Mistakes Of My Life”, reportedly with TV actors Sushant Singh Rajput, Amit Sandh and “Ragini MMS” fame Raj Kumar Yadav in the lead roles.
Apparently the three actors were chosen after a whole slew of newcomers - 150 in all - were auditioned. The film is being produced by UTV, and Kapoor is currently in Gujarat in a start-to-finish schedule of the film.
Kapoor, who directed hit film “Rock On!!”, says he isn’t at liberty to talk about the cast, but for other details he reluctantly opened up.
“We’re shooting in a place called Vadnagar, which is outside Ahmedabad. We had some permission problems for shooting in Ahmedabad, so we chose this place which suits the novel’s vision,” he said.
The director is mighty kicked about his return to direction.
“It’s been three-and-a-half-year since I completed ‘Rock On!!’. I’ve been working on scripts, including the sequel to ‘Rock On!!’. But gosh, it feels good to be back behind the camera! I am shooting with some wonderful actors who seem born to be playing their characters,” he said.
Kapoor feels Chetan Bhagat’s novels have a terrific visual quality.
“Not all novels, no matter how successful, render themselves to screen adaptation. But ‘The 3 Mistakes Of My Life’ was simply waiting to go on screen. I’m happy to be doing something completely different from ‘Rock On!!’. There was no fun or challenge in returning to the same characters in my very next film.”
About his alleged fall-out with Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani, he said: “We had creative difference over how to take ‘3 Mistakes Of My Life’ to cinema. I didn’t think Farhan suited the character that he was going to play. However, there’s no fall-out.”
“I’m committed to do one more film with Farhan and Ritesh. We’re doing the sequel to ‘Rock On!!’ right after I finish ‘Kai Po Che’. The script for the ‘Rock On!!’ sequel is complete. It will take the characters in a completely different mindscape.”
At the moment Kapoor’s mindscape is totally immersed in ‘Kai Po Che’.
“I hope I live up to the expectations I created with ‘Rock On!!’,” he said.
- Director Abhishek Kapoor doesn't believe in weekend business - Jun 28, 2012
- Amrita Puri calls Abhishek real star of 'Kai Po Che' - Jul 13, 2012
- 'Kai Po Che!' to release in January 2013 (With Image) - May 18, 2012
- Now I know why Chetan Bhagat is famous: Amrita Puri (Movie Snippets) - Jul 09, 2012
- Bollywood needs fresh talent: Director Abhishek Kapoor (Interview) - Jun 29, 2012
- I like taking risks, says Sushant Singh Rajput - Jul 13, 2012
- It's bad scripts that Raj Kumar Yadav avoids - Jul 12, 2012
- Recognise desi beauties, not foreigners: Abhishek - May 18, 2012
- I survived because of TV, so I respect it: Amit Sadh - Jul 11, 2012
- Cricketer Shaun Tait to make Bollywood debut? - Sep 10, 2012
- Medium not important for Sushant Singh Rajput (TV Snippets) (With Images) - Aug 03, 2012
- 'The 3 Mistakes Of My Life' goes on floors this month - Apr 09, 2012
- Proving yourself biggest challenge: Suraj Jagan (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2012
- Kite flying - old passion finds new celluloid expression - Jun 30, 2012
- Young India wants jobs, girls, social status: Chetan Bhagat - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: abhishek kapoor, amit, chetan bhagat, creative difference, gujarat, half year, movie adaptation, newcomers, permission problems, ragini, rajput, ritesh, s vision, sequel, sushant singh, tv actors, utv, visual quality, whole slew, yadav