Susan Sarandon turns table tennis entrepreneurJuly 22nd, 2010 - 7:03 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, July 22 (ANI): Actress Susan Sarandon has opened up her business venture into the world of table tennis.
Sarandon, 63, helped launch Spin, a bar devoted to the sport of ping-pong, in New York, and the chain is now expanding throughout America and into Dubai.
She revealed that she enjoys playing the sport and finds it a great way to relax after shooting a movie.
She also jokingly said she hopes the sport traditionally perceived as nerdy could be hip.
“We’re kind of embracing the dorkiness with a sense of humour. Dorky can also be cool,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as saying. (ANI)
- I am still single, says Susan Sarandon - Jan 23, 2011
- Susan Sarandon single - Jan 23, 2011
- Susan Sarandon filming Ping-Pong docu - Jun 29, 2010
- Susan Sarandon to come up with her own reality show, tentatively titled 'The Magnus Effect' - Jun 20, 2010
- Susan Sarandon set to bring ping-pong club to London - Oct 16, 2010
- Hotel shaped like upside-down table tennis racket to be built in China - Apr 05, 2011
- Sarandon undergoes foot surgery - Jun 24, 2010
- The latest hip pastime of Hollywood: 'nerdy' table tennis - May 17, 2009
- China to train foreign ping pong players - Dec 27, 2010
- Liz Hurley and Shane Warne - True love or publicity gimmick? - Feb 23, 2011
- Susan Sarandon enjoying singledom with late-night outs - Jan 09, 2010
- Susan Sarandon and Geena to reunite for 'Thelma & Louise' anniversary - Jun 07, 2011
- Susan Sarandon denies dating business partner - Dec 27, 2009
- Susan Sarandon's mystery date - Jan 01, 2010
- Scarlett Johansson and Axl Rose are hanging out together a lot - Feb 27, 2010