Susan Sarandon shows her support for the Wall Street protestorsSeptember 28th, 2011 - 10:54 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Sept 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Oscar-winning actress Susan Sarandon has expressed her support for the protesters who have overtaken the Wall Street. The protesters have camped in Zuccotti Park and this is the 12th day since the protests began.
Attempts by the police to disperse the crowd have failed and it keeps growing by the day. Some protesters have been arrested and the police have used pepper spray on some of the protesters as well. There all about 100 protesters who have camped at the park. The protest is against some financial institutions accused of manipulating the US economy.
When Sarandon got to the protest grounds on Tuesday, she told the protesters that, “I’m here to understand what’s going on and to lend my support. There’s a lot of different kinds of people here who want to shift the paradigm to something that’s addressing the huge gap between the rich and the poor.”
The protesters call the protest “#OccupyWallStreet,” and they have sworn to stay in the streets as long as the reforms in the US financial system are not made.
The police say they will arrest anyone who breaks the law. Already about 100 people have been sent to the police custody since the protests began on the 24th of September.
- Around 700 people arrested for taking part in the Wall Street protests - Oct 03, 2011
- Russia condemns US crackdown on Occupy movement - Dec 14, 2011
- Russell Brand supports anti-capitalist campaign - Oct 21, 2011
- Occupy protesters evicted from New York park - Nov 15, 2011
- Occupy Oakland protestors find a new camp for their campaign - Nov 23, 2011
- Evicted occupiers return to NYK park; 100 arrested - Nov 16, 2011
- New York won't tolerate Wall Street violence: Mayor - Nov 06, 2011
- 'Occupy Wall Street' movement sparks clashes in Washington - Oct 12, 2011
- California cops on leave after pepper-spraying sparks outrage - Nov 21, 2011
- Occupy protesters confront police across US - Dec 13, 2011
- New York mayor warns protesters to stay away from banks - Oct 08, 2011
- Occupy protesters take to streets across US - Nov 18, 2011
- Police arrest 31 Occupy DC protesters - Dec 05, 2011
- Thousands protest pepper spray at California campus - Nov 22, 2011
- `Occupiers' get advice from Bill Clinton - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: actress susan sarandon, attempts, crowd, different kinds, economy, financial institutions, gap, paradigm, pepper spray, police custody, protest, protesters, protestors, protests, susan sarandon, wall street