Susan Boyle sings againJune 14th, 2009 - 1:12 am ICT by John Le Fevre
Susan Boyle, the frumpy Scottish church volunteer who shot to fame on the British talent show Britains got talent before succumbing to stress has wowed audiences again.
Just days after being released from The Priory, a private London clinic, where she underwent treatment for stress and exhaustion after finishing second in the popular TV series, strode onto the stage in England’s Birmingham with renewed enthusiasm and a new look.
Sporting a makeover including a new hair style and colour, the 48-year-old from Blackburn, West Lothian, showed the rest and treatment she received had done her a world of good.
Gone was the dowdy looking middle-age spinster that some had dubbed the “Hairy Angel” and it’s in place was smooth, more confident and professional looking performer.
Proceeded on stage by the shows winner, the dance troop Diversity, Boyle appeared to have also lost weight as she belted out I Dreamed A Dream from the musical Les Miserables and Memory from Cats. AT one stage she even blew a kiss to her fans.
In the days leading up to last nights Britain’s got talent tour
there were doubts whether Boyle had recovered enough to perform but last night she proved her critics wrong and showed the strength and determination of the Scott’s.
Boyle shot to fame on the British-style version of American Idol when judges and the audience were stunned by her performance of I Dreamed a Dream from the musical Les Miserables. More than a million people worldwide have watched online videos of her performances.
Despite finishing second in the television talent show, it has been predicted that Boyle could earn as much as £8 million ($US13 million) from deals in the US including a recording deal and shares of album sales, a Hollywood movie of her rags to riches life, a book deal and millions more from image rights, endorsements and television appearances.
It’s also been reported that 46-year-old Demi Moore and actor husband Ashton Kutcher, 31, are prepared to pay Boyle £30,000 ($US38,500) to perform at their Hollywood party in September and on July 4th she will perform for US President Barack Obamas’ Independence Day celebrations at the White House.
- Susan Boyle may quit Britain's Got Talent - May 29, 2009
- Susan Boyle proves Britain's got talent - May 25, 2009
- Susan Boyle comeback - Jun 09, 2009
- Singer Susan Boyle all set to sing for the Pope - Aug 26, 2010
- Susan Boyle Finds Her Dream Come True As She Sings For The Pope - Sep 19, 2010
- Susan Boyle hospitalized - Jun 01, 2009
- Susan Boyle will sing for the Pope - Aug 26, 2010
- Susan Boyle meltdown, threatens to quit Britain's Got Talent - May 29, 2009
- Susan Boyle's final performance dreams shattered after loss to Diversity - May 31, 2009
- Susan Boyle's album 'I Dreamed a Dream' debuts at No.1 - Dec 04, 2009
- Susan Bolye was bullied in school, so she suffers from depression - Dec 14, 2009
- Susan Boyle lined-up to sing for Pope - Jan 30, 2010
- Susan Boyle to Appear on 'Dancing With the Stars' - Oct 04, 2010
- 'Never been kissed' Susan Boyle says 'she's never stopped'! - Apr 23, 2009
- Susan Boyle's debut single still a mystery - Jul 24, 2009
Tags: album sales, american idol, ashton kutcher, britain s got talent, britains got talent, british style, church volunteer, image rights, london clinic, memory from cats, musical les miserables, new hair style, popular tv series, rags to riches, scottish church, style version, susan boyle, television talent, west lothian, wowed audiences