Susan Boyle hospitalizedJune 1st, 2009 - 11:39 pm ICT by John Le Fevre
Susan Boyle, the 48-year-old frumpy church volunteer who shot to fame with her amazing singing voice on the English television program Britain’s Got Talent has been hospitalized.
According to one publication, “‘Police were called to doctors assessing a woman under the Mental Health Act. The woman was taken voluntarily by ambulance to a clinic. At the request of doctors, police accompanied the ambulance,’” they quoted a Boyle spokesperson as saying.
Show judge Piers Morgan said she is “fine” and has just “gone in for some rest.”
“She needs to get away from everyone – get away from the show, from the media, the public, and just have a bit of down time to herself,” he said on UKs GMTV morning show on Monday.
Millions of people around the world watched video’s of the singer after she sang I Dreamed a Dream from the musical Les Miserables on the show last month.
British Prime Minister Gordon Brown even weighed in on Boyle’s situation saying, “I hope Susan Boyle is okay, because she is a really, really nice person, and I think she will do well.”
On the weekend it was reported that Boyle could earn as much as £8 million ($US13 million) from deals in the US stitched together by Britain’s Got Talent supremo Simon Cowell.
On top of a multi-million dollar record deal and share of album sales, Boyle is also set to earn from a Hollywood movie of her rags to riches life, a book deal and millions more from image rights, endorsements and television appearances.
- Susan Boyle sings again - Jun 14, 2009
- Singer Susan Boyle all set to sing for the Pope - Aug 26, 2010
- Susan Boyle Finds Her Dream Come True As She Sings For The Pope - Sep 19, 2010
- Lou Reed denies that he scraped Susan Boyle's performance on America's Got Talent - Sep 13, 2010
- Susan Boyle may quit Britain's Got Talent - May 29, 2009
- Susan Boyle to get honorary doctorate - Jun 30, 2012
- Susan Boyle in hospital after 'emotional breakdown' (Lead) - Jun 01, 2009
- Susan Boyle comeback - Jun 09, 2009
- Susan Boyle To Boost Up "America's Got Talent" - Jul 22, 2009
- Susan Boyle could earn £8 million ($US13 million) from US deals - May 31, 2009
- Susan Boyle will sing for the Pope - Aug 26, 2010
- Susan Boyle lined-up to sing for Pope - Jan 30, 2010
- Susan Boyle brands rehab 'most frightening experience' of her life - Nov 06, 2010
- Susan Boyle proves Britain's got talent - May 25, 2009
- Susan Boyle to Appear on 'Dancing With the Stars' - Oct 04, 2010
Tags: album sales, britain s got talent, british prime minister, british prime minister gordon brown, church volunteer, endorsements, english television, gordon brown, image rights, mental health act, morning show, piers morgan, prime minister gordon brown, rags to riches, show judge, simon cowell, singing voice, spokesperson, television appearances, television program