Susan Boyle discharged from clinic, ready to cut an albumJune 7th, 2009 - 1:39 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 7 (IANS) Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle, who was admitted to a clinic last week after she lost the reality show “Britain’s Got Talent”, has been discharged and is now ready to cut an album.
Boyle, who had checked out of The Priory clinic in South London Thursday, is in talks with Simon Cowell’s record group, Sony Music, about her first album. Cowell was one of the judges on the reality show “Britain’s Got Talent” in which Boyle had participated.
“Simon has made it clear it will happen - we’re just waiting to find the time,” thesun.co.uk quoted a source as saying.
Boyle was rushed to the clinic when she exhibited symptoms of “emotional breakdown” after she lost “Britain’s Got Talent” to dance group Diversity in the final. She spent four days in the clinic where she was treated for exhaustion.
After coming out, she went on a shopping spree at Radlett, Herts, and looked carefree after picking out glitzy new outfits. Susan, 48, even spread her arms wide and gave onlookers one of her trademark jigs.
A bystander said: “She was smiling and waving at fans and it even looked like she’d had a bit of a makeover. Her hair looked professionally dyed and she had a smart new top and trousers on.
“She came out of the shop, waved at everyone and did one of her funny little dances. It was great to see her looking in form,” added the onlooker.
Boyle has been watched by millions of Internet viewers since she stunned judges and the audience on the ITV1 talent show April 11.
Her rendition of “I Dreamed A Dream” from the musical “Les Miserables” has turned her into a global phenomenon with celebrity fans including the actress Demi Moore.
Boyle, who is single, became a household name after that and was tipped to win the reality show.
According to reports, after her shock defeat Boyle ran down a corridor shouting “I hate this show.”
It is estimated that Boyle, from Blackburn, West Lothian, could still earn more than five million pounds from television, advertising and record deals if she pursues a singing career.
After her sensational appearance on the show, Boyle made it to America’s longest running animated series “The Simpsons”. Her name was mentioned in an episode of the sitcom where character Homer Simpson auditions for the talent show’s judge Simon Cowell in “Springfield’s Got Talent” - a parody of the US version of the show.
Boyle was also mentioned in adult cartoon series “South Park”.
Prior to her appearance on “Britain’s Got Talent”, she used to sing in church and karaoke in pubs in her village. She had also tried out several times for Michael Barrymore’s TV show “My Kind of People”.
- Susan Boyle sings her way into records with second album - Nov 18, 2010
- Lou Reed denies that he scraped Susan Boyle's performance on America's Got Talent - Sep 13, 2010
- Susan Boyle's Airport Collapse Blamed On Heat - Feb 19, 2010
- Simon Cowell To Launch "World's Got Talent" - Jun 08, 2010
- Singer Susan Boyle in train row - Aug 25, 2010
- Susan Boyle lined-up to sing for Pope - Jan 30, 2010
- Susan Boyle chooses paramedic for duet - Aug 15, 2010
- Susan Boyle in hospital after 'emotional breakdown' (Lead) - Jun 01, 2009
- Minogue eyeing 'The X Factor' return - Mar 14, 2012
- Simon Cowell produces documentary on Susan Boyle - Nov 25, 2009
- Susan Boyle suffers emotional breakdown - Jun 02, 2012
- Susan Boyle's Singing Debut Was Digitally Enhanced? - Aug 27, 2010
- Alesha Dixon gets proposed by Takomborerwa Mnzarura during BGT - Feb 21, 2012
- Susan Boyle to Appear on 'Dancing With the Stars' - Oct 04, 2010
- Brooke says was axed from Britain's Got Talent for not flirting with Cowell - Aug 24, 2010
Tags: actress demi moore, britain s got talent, bystander, celebrity fans, emotional breakdown, global phenomenon, group diversity, household name, internet viewers, london thursday, musical les miserables, onlooker, priory clinic, shock defeat, shopping spree, simon cowell, singing sensation, sony music, south london, west lothian