Surviving Bee Gees to reunite for live showsSeptember 8th, 2009 - 11:41 am ICT by ANI
London, September 8 (ANI): Bee Gees member Robin Gibb has revealed that he and brother Barry are ready to get back together as a band, six years on from the death of bandmate Maurice.
“The two of us are getting back together again as we speak,” Robin said on BBC Radio’s Test Match Special cricket programme.
He added that he and brother Barry have “got through the breakwater of emotions” following their sibling’s demise in 2003 and are planning a series of live dates.
Robin mentioned that his late twin was “not just a brother but a comrade in arms really”.
He said: “It’s an emotional thing when you lose someone that close.”
When Maurice died the two brothers had said that said they would no longer use the Bee Gees name.
But Robin told last year that they would be back “when the time is right”.
The Gibb brothers won multiple Grammy awards during their career and were one of the biggest acts of the 1970s. (ANI)
- 'Stayin' Alive' singer Robin Gibb dead - May 21, 2012
- Bee Gees to reunite for live shows - Sep 08, 2009
- "Sky News" Presenter Steve Dixon Blunders Over 'Bee Gees' Brothers - Oct 11, 2010
- Robin Gibb in coma - Apr 14, 2012
- Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb dies of cancer - May 22, 2012
- Sky presenter Steve Dixon makes a blunder over Bee Gee's - Oct 11, 2010
- Robin Gibb 'recovering from emergency stomach surgery' - Sep 03, 2010
- Bee Gee singers reveal their feud - Nov 03, 2009
- Bee Gees on life, music without brother Maurice - Nov 02, 2009
- Robin Gibb to continue tour despite major surgery - Oct 31, 2010
- Heartaches could be payback time: Gibb - Mar 12, 2012
- Bee Gees reunite on 'Dancing With The Stars' - Nov 21, 2009
- Robin Gibb reveals how he almost died from a blocked intestine - Dec 21, 2010
- Robin Gibb still grieves for his twin brother Maurice - Jan 13, 2009
- Robin Gibb very open to Bee Gees return - Jun 25, 2008
Tags: 1970s, acts, bbc, bbc radio, bee gees, breakwater, brother, comrade in arms, cricket, demise, emotional thing, emotions, gibb brothers, grammy awards, london, robin gibb, sibling, six years, test match, two brothers