Surname doesn’t matter, good work does: Arjun KapoorJune 2nd, 2012 - 1:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 2 (IANS) Filmmaker Boney Kapoor’s son Arjun, whose debut film “Ishaqzaade” has received acclaim from audiences and critics alike, believes that a star surname is not the criteria for success.
“You are as good as what you do in front of the camera. Nothing else matters, your surname, from where you come or where you will go … The audience is very intelligent. It gauges you and knows if they want to see you or not,” the 26-year-old said at an event here Friday.
Arjun made his point by citing “Band Baaja Baaraat” actor Ranveer Singh’s example.
“Ranveer (Singh) is a prime example of that. Somebody like him came out of nowhere. It just shows the audience wants to see good films and good work. Nothing else matters eventually,” he said.
Arjun’s debut film “Ishaqzaade” also featured Parineeti Chopra, actress Priyanka Chopra’s cousin sister.
- YRF's 'Ishaqzaade' goes on floors (With Images) - Oct 16, 2011
- Priyanka urges people to watch cousin's 'Ishaqzaade' - Apr 08, 2012
- Right sync between writer, director vital: Habib Faisal - May 08, 2012
- 'Ladies vs...' average, earns Rs.16.54 cr in opening weekend - Dec 12, 2011
- Never a problem with Aditya Chopra: Habib Faisal - May 05, 2012
- Parineeti to try her luck in singing in future - May 04, 2012
- 'Gunday' yet another film to be shot in Kolkata (With Images) - Aug 30, 2012
- 'Ishaqzaade' well-received, Arjun overwhelmed - May 17, 2012
- Ishaqzaade' earns Rs. 4.54 crore on opening day - May 12, 2012
- Recession pushed Parineeti into acting - May 07, 2012
- I've always aimed for commercial success: Dibakar (Movie Snippets) - Apr 14, 2012
- Parineeti's weight issues - May 06, 2012
- Parineeti in Priyanka's footsteps, only for 'Fashion' - May 19, 2012
- Parineeti, Arjun say acting schools are important - Jun 02, 2012
- Ranveer the conman-wooer in 'Ladies vs Ricky Bahl' (Preview) - Dec 05, 2011