‘Sur Kshetra’ no less than India-Pakistan cricket match: ReshammiyaSeptember 12th, 2012 - 1:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 12 (IANS) Composer-singer Himesh Reshammiya has turned mentor for the Indian contestants on music reality show “Sur Kshetra” and compares the excitement with a cricket match between India and Pakistan.
“Sur Kshetra” has two teams - one mentored by Reshammiya, while the Pakistani team has Atif Aslam as its guru. Indian singing legend Asha Bhosle, popular Bangladeshi crooner Runa Laila and acclaimed Pakistani Sufi singer Abida Parveen are the judges on the show.
“I have been a pioneer in starting these kinds of shows. I have done almost six shows and this is something really big and different. I had a different experience as the show has been developed on a neutral ground with legendary judges. It was nothing less than an India-Pakistan match,” Reshammiya told IANS.
The 39-year-old, who previously judged singing reality shows such as “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa challenge” and “Music ka Maha Muqqabla”, will ensure that his pupils get the right marks and adds that “if 10 marks are given in a wrong way, I will stand up and speak for my contestants. I will speak what I feel is right.”
This perhaps is the first time that Reshammiya is sharing a platform with Atif.
“With Atif there is no love or hate relation, it is normal as we haven’t met much. We share a cordial relation. I on the show representing the talent in the field of music for my country and I am sure he will be doing the same for Pakistan,” he said.
“For me, I would want the Indian singers to perform well and even Pakistan does well. But I would want India to win,” he added.
Apart from “Sur Kshetra”, Reshammiya is busy co-producing his next film with Akshay Kumar titled “Khiladi 786″.
“The ‘Khiladi’ franchise is very popular. My company HR Music is producing it with Akshay’s company, Hari Om Entertainment. The music will be very good and audience will have fun and love it,” he said.
“The story is very nice and fascinating. Akshay is extraordinary in the title role of Khiladi,” he added.
Directed by Ashish R. Mohan, the movie also features Asin Thottumkal, Mithun Chakraborty and Paresh Rawal in pivotal roles.
The film is slated to release Dec 7.
- Pass or fail - the motto of 'Sur Kshetra' - Aug 31, 2012
- 'Sur-kshetra' to simulcast on Colors, Sahara One - Jul 05, 2012
- Music to bridge India-Pakistan divide - Sep 05, 2012
- Raj Thackeray 'permits' airing of show featuring Pakistani artists - Sep 06, 2012
- I'm unambitious, says actress Ayesha Takia - Sep 08, 2012
- New Indo-Pak music show shoot shifted to Dubai - Jan 23, 2012
- Asha Bhosle to judge 'Sur-kshetra' - Jan 18, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani singers to battle it out on 'Sur-kshetra' - Dec 21, 2011
- India-Pakistan rivalry gets new battleground - reality TV - Jan 25, 2012
- Khiladi tag never went away from me: Akshay Kumar - Sep 21, 2012
- MNS threatens TV channels featuring Pakistanis - Aug 30, 2012
- MNS threatens to disrupt shooting of 'Sur-Kshetra' (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Salman Khan is my driving force: Himesh Reshammiya - Dec 21, 2011
- Asha Bhosle joins 'Indian Idol 6' judge's panel - May 30, 2012
- Aamir Ali choosy about reality shows (TV Snippets) (With Image) - Sep 21, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, aslam, cricket match between india and pakistan, crooner, excitement, franchise, guru, india and pakistan, india pakistan cricket, india pakistan cricket match, india pakistan match, indian singers, indian singing, mentor, mumbai, neutral ground, pupils, reality show, runa laila, wrong way