Sunny Deol makes comeback with Deepak Tijori’s ‘Fox’June 1st, 2009 - 8:49 am ICT by IANS
By Joginder Tuteja
Mumbai, June 1 (IANS) Sunny Deol, who was last seen in forgettable flicks like “Kaafila” and “Heroes”, is set to make a comeback in “Fox” and director Deepak Tijori is certain Sunny’s fans will appreciate him in his new avatar in the thriller.
“It’s not an action movie but is basically a thriller. Sunny will be seen in a different light altogether in ‘Fox’ and so would Arjun (Rampal). Our film is a slick entertainer and comes with a new way of storytelling. I’m sure both Sunny and Arjun’s fans would be happy to see them in a new avatar,” Tijori told IANS.
Shot in Goa and Mumbai, “Fox” is a thriller about a cat and mouse chase between a criminal lawyer (Arjun) and a stranger who is controlling and threatening his life. Now the lawyer must seek the help of a reluctant cop (Sunny) in solving the mystery.
The actor-turned-director, who has wrapped up the film, is more than happy with the performance by the two heroes.
“The entire week gone by was an amazing experience since everyone came together to ensure that there were no more delays. Whether it was Sunny and Arjun or Udita Goswami and Sagarika Ghatge or newcomer Vipul Gupta - each of them was very cooperative.”
A co-production by Tijori and Zee Motion Pictures, “Fox” had been stuck for a while since there were certain organisational changes within Zee Motion Pictures.
“All of that is thankfully sorted out with the change in guard that took place early this year. Sanjeev Lamba took over the reins when it came to completing ‘Fox’. He has been instrumental in ensuring that the film makes good progress,” said Tijori, whose last directorial venture was “Tom Dick and Harry” (2006).
But he is unable to give a release date for “Fox”.
“It’s difficult to do that right away because of the stand-off between producers and multiplex owners. So many other movies are already in the pipeline. Once they are released, we should be able to get a clearer picture. But, yes, one thing is for sure - we are certainly bringing out ‘Fox’ this year,” the director said.
- Movie Review: Fox (2009) - Sep 05, 2009
- 'Fox' - this thriller lacks suspense (IANS Film Review; Rating: **1/2) - Sep 05, 2009
- Deepak Tijori to direct two films this year - Jun 26, 2012
- Will Sunny Deol final enjoy a HIT? - Jun 11, 2009
- Bollywood hotties groove to Monty's Music - Jul 16, 2009
- "I felt like a 'zombie' while shooting for 'Fox'" - Udita Goswami - Jun 03, 2009
- I wore only Arjun Rampal's shirt: Sagarika Ghatge - Sep 02, 2009
- Emraan finds journalist's life tough - Mar 16, 2012
- Kunal Deshmukh joins hands with UTV - May 11, 2012
- Double-meaning not my style, says Pooja Bhatt - Jul 24, 2012
- James Cameron Plans His Next! - Nov 02, 2010
- Deepak Tijori wants new heroine for next directorial - Jun 27, 2012
- Paswan's son makes Bollywood acting debut with 'One & Only' - Jul 16, 2010
- Udita back with a bang, signs on five films - Jul 26, 2009
- Emraan, Vidya team up for 'Ghanchakkar' - Feb 20, 2012
Tags: arjun rampal, cat and mouse, co production, criminal lawyer, deepak tijori, different light, directorial venture, flicks, goa, joginder, motion pictures, organisational changes, reins, sagarika ghatge, sunny deol, tom dick and harry, two heroes, udita goswami, vipul gupta, zee