Sued US firm uses Woody Allen’s sex scandal against him in court fightApril 16th, 2009 - 2:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 16 (ANI): The clothing company being sued by Woody Allen argues that it couldn’t have tarnished his reputation by using his image, as the director has already ruined it by having an affair with his stepdaughter.
The Oscar-winning film director has dragged clothing firm American Apparel to court for using a still from his 1977 film Annie Hall, in which he is dressed as a Hassidic Jew, without his permission.
He wants at least 10 million dollars from the firm.
However, the company hits back at the claims by mentioning Allen’s relationship with the actress Mia Farrow, who left him after she discovered he was having an affair with her adopted daughter, Soon-Yi Previn.
During the custody battle, Farrow accused Allen of sexually abusing their adopted daughter, however, the ‘Match Point’ director was cleared off the charges.
“I think Woody Allen overestimates the value of his image,” the Telegraph quoted Stuart Slotnick, a lawyer for American Apparel, as saying.
“Certainly, our belief is that after the various sex scandals that Woody Allen has been associated with, corporate America’s desire to have Woody Allen endorse their product is not what he may believe it is,” he added. (ANI)
- Woody Allen hits back at sued US firm for dragging up his personal life - Apr 17, 2009
- Woody Allen asked to prove he still commands $10M endorsement fee - Apr 10, 2009
- 'To Rome With Love' - love letter to love (IANS Movie Review) - Sep 08, 2012
- 2nd American Apparel accuser in saucy snaps - Mar 27, 2011
- Woody Allen wins American Apparel lawsuit, gets $5m - May 19, 2009
- American Apparel CEO's lawyer says nude photos show ex-worker wasn't sex prisoner - Mar 26, 2011
- Diane Keaton reveals that she was bulimic when she was dating Woody Allen - Nov 16, 2011
- American Apparel founder says sex slave threatened him with extortion - Mar 10, 2011
- Alec Baldwin weds Hilaria Thomas - Jul 01, 2012
- Woody Allen asks for invite to royal wedding - Dec 07, 2010
- Woody Allen says he's too old to play romantic lead in films - May 17, 2010
- Johansson, Allen bonded over illness phobia - Nov 03, 2011
- Martin Scorsese wins best director award for 'Hugo' - Jan 16, 2012
- Woody Allen wins early round in ad case - Apr 29, 2009
- 9/11: Spirit of New York comes to Delhi - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: 10 million, actress mia farrow, american apparel, annie hall, clothing company, clothing firm, corporate america, court fight, custody battle, film director, hassidic jew, having an affair, match point director, mia farrow, previn, sex scandal, sex scandals, slotnick, stepdaughter, woody allen