Sued production house denies film deal with James CaanMarch 31st, 2009 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 31 (ANI): A film company sued by ‘The Godfather’ star James Caan has denied that it ever signed a movie deal with the actor.
According to TMZ.com, Caan, 69, filed a five-million-dollar suit against Fish Weir Filmworks and writer/director Daniel Adams at California’s Superior Court earlier this year, reports Contactmusic.
In the papers, the actor alleges that Adams and executives at the production company backed out of an agreement for him to play the lead role in forthcoming picture ‘The Lightkeepers’.
Caan is suing for breach of contract and fraud, claiming that he was to be paid “1,000,000 dollars in cash on a pay-or-play basis… and 1,000,000 dollars in deferred compensation”.
However, bosses at Fish Weir Filmworks claim that Caan did not have a contract with the company. (ANI)
- Mel B's 'Peep Show' lands her in legal trouble - Sep 15, 2010
- Nicolas Cage sued over pay dispute - Jul 01, 2011
- Nightclubs leaking info on Kim Kardashian reality show to get $1mn fine! - Mar 28, 2011
- Hair extensions firm sues Paris Hilton for $35m - Aug 12, 2010
- Paris Hilton countersues hair extension firm - Nov 25, 2010
- Hilton embroiled in $35mn hair extension lawsuit - Aug 12, 2010
- Osbourne sued over jewellery designs - Feb 05, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez sued by ex-driver - May 01, 2012
- Madonna sued over 'Vogue' song - Jul 14, 2012
- Jay Z's private jet lawsuit dismissed - Feb 07, 2012
- Actress Nancy Cartwright sued over her fiance's debt - Sep 23, 2010
- Melanie Brown sued for breach of contract - Sep 16, 2010
- Legal trouble for Longoria's restaurant - Nov 23, 2011
- Charlie Sheen sues NY hotel girl for extortion - Nov 23, 2010
- Lauryn Hill sued by fashion consultant - Sep 27, 2011